NCAA Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Softball Tournament

I don't know if anyone here is interested, but the Bison beat Auburn earlier today 5-2 in the first game at the Minneapolis regional. The Gophers(16) are playing UW Green Bay right now. NDSU will face the winner of that game tomorrow. Double elimination format just like the Summit tourney. The regional winner will likely travel to Eugene to face the number one seed Oregon in a best-of-three series.

Re: NCAA Softball Tournament

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I don't know if anyone here is interested, but the Bison beat Auburn earlier today 5-2 in the first game at the Minneapolis regional. The Gophers(16) are playing UW Green Bay right now. NDSU will face the winner of that game tomorrow. Double elimination format just like the Summit tourney. The regional winner will likely travel to Eugene to face the number one seed Oregon in a best-of-three series.
    Good luck to the Bison. I will be pulling for you.

Comment

Same here,as the SL rep,wish the Bison well in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Gophers beat the Bison 4-1 in 10 innings. Gopher's pitcher is a beast(B1G PotY); something like 9 strikeouts in a row during the middle of the game. Auburn and Green Bay playing an elimination game right now. Winner faces NDSU sometime tonight for a chance to meet Minnesota tomorrow.

Comment

Well, that run's over. Auburn got us 1-0. If Minnesota was seeded correctly at 16, and Auburn is a good as advertised(some said Auburn should have gotten the 16 instead of MN), then the Bison have to be right there with them in the top-25 or so. We pushed MN right to the edge(it took 3 extra innings to put us away), and we split with Auburn. Of course it was our pitcher who carried the team. Over 400 pitches today. And I think she was over 750 for the Summit tournament. I believe she's a cyborg from the year 2173. A bit more from our bats and we'd probably be heading for the super-regionals. But they've got good pitchers too or they wouldn't be in the NCAAs.

Comment

I agree that Auburn should have gotten the 16 seed.
            Great moments are born from great opportunities.
            ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
            X