Breaking: SDSU wins South Dakota Corn Showdown for 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking: SDSU wins South Dakota Corn Showdown for 2013-2014

You can all now return to your regularly scheduled programming because no one actually cares.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: Breaking: SDSU wins South Dakota Corn Showdown for 2013-2014

I care, how bad did we beat the mangy dogs?

Comment

SDSU is up 12-4 with (m) and (w) golf, softball, and (m) and (w) track and field left.

http://sdcornshowdown.com/
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Yep. Even if it ends in a 12-12 tie, we have the tiebreaker by winning the football game.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
          Yep. Even if it ends in a 12-12 tie, we have the tiebreaker by winning the football game.
          Jacks picked another point today by finishing ahead of USD in women's golf for 13 points and are ahead of Usd in men's golf by several strokes so will probably be leading 14 To 4 by the end of the day. That will leave m & w outdoor track and softball which USD should win plus the academics that both will probably get the max points.

Comment

Congrats, Jacks. Well done. I think we as sports fans should appreciate the corn producers for their willingness to highlight D-1 sports competition in South Dakota. The scoring system could be better, though. The Jacks should get credit for offering sports such as baseball and wrestling. Instead, scoring is based on USD's minimal sports offering.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              You can all now return to your regularly scheduled programming because no one actually cares.
              Assume you never look to see how SDSU fared in any competition (big or tiny) with the "other school" in our state. Sad as it may be, I still care! Way to go Jacks!

Comment

I'm sure we'd dominate them in baseball! (joking/teasing)

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  I'm sure we'd dominate them in baseball! (joking/teasing)
                  And wrestling.

Comment

and equestrian
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      and equestrian
                      And men's Tennis

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        Assume you never look to see how SDSU fared in any competition (big or tiny) with the "other school" in our state. Sad as it may be, I still care! Way to go Jacks!
                        I care if SDSU beats USD in basketball, football, etc. I'm not denying that. I just don't care about the 'SD Corn Showdown'. I feel like the trophy is fake.

Now if there was a traveling football trophy, that'd get me interested.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Don't knock it, it brings in some scholarship money!

Comment

I did not know there was money involved. Nice. Let's keep winning it.

Regarding USD, I am much more inclined to care about the record in the Big 3 sports. Since USD moved up we lead 13-4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              I did not know there was money involved. Nice. Let's keep winning it.

Regarding USD, I am much more inclined to care about the record in the Big 3 sports. Since USD moved up we lead 13-4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              BUTT SOFTBALL. USD swept us yesterday, 10-0 and 8-0. I think that would make us 13-5

Comment

Working...
                              X