Saul Phillips to Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saul Phillips to Ohio

@OhioBobcats: BREAKING: Ohio Men's Basketball names former North Dakota State head coach Saul Phillips as the 18th head coach in program history #OhioMBB

Re: Saul Phillips to Ohio

Woah. Saul and Mo leaving in the same day. I wonder what they are paying him. Good move for Ohio. TSL has lost some really good coaches.

Comment

Congratulations to Saul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Tough break but Saul has earned the right to move on. Happy we have Gene Taylor at the helm to make the next hire.

Also it appears that Tony Jasick might be going to Jacksonville.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Woah. Saul and Mo leaving in the same day. I wonder what they are paying him. Good move for Ohio. TSL has lost some really good coaches.
          550k 5yr deal

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
            Tough break but Saul has earned the right to move on. Happy we have Gene Taylor at the helm to make the next hire.

Also it appears that Tony Jasick might be going to Jacksonville.
            Hopefully for NDSU, Taylor will make the right hires. Football, mens and womens basketball all in one year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
              Hopefully for NDSU, Taylor will make the right hires. Football, mens and womens basketball all in one year.
              I would guess that the replacement for Saul will not take as long as the women's coach has taken. There ought to be a strong pool of candidates for the men's program.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                I would guess that the replacement for Saul will not take as long as the women's coach has taken. There ought to be a strong pool of candidates for the men's program.

For 550k a year, it's a no brainer for Saul. Good for him. He's a good guy who deserves this. Some think Dave Richman should get the nod. What do Bison fans think? Should they hire Richman or get somebody from the outside? They could probably attract some really good outside candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  For 550k a year, it's a no brainer for Saul. Good for him. He's a good guy who deserves this. Some think Dave Richman should get the nod. What do Bison fans think? Should they hire Richman or get somebody from the outside? They could probably attract some really good outside candidates.
                  It is tempting to open it up, Gene Taylor is at the Final Four right now. I'm guessing there will be shortage of coaches, ADs and agents talking to him about who would be a good fit. That said Richman is a very clear favorite from everything I've heard.

Comment

Craig smith? Wonder if he could choose over if he still would pick usd?
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Maybe they ask Augie's head coach. Division-I coaching experience, successful run at Augie, PLUS previous experience as head coach at NDSU.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Sounds like we're required by university system policy to open the job up. Want to say that's a three or four week process. But I think it's going to be Richman vs. the field, with Richman as the clear favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                          Sounds like we're required by university system policy to open the job up. Want to say that's a three or four week process. But I think it's going to be Richman vs. the field, with Richman as the clear favorite.
                          I'm sure they could get around that by making an emergency hire if they so desired.

Comment

Gene today said that there is no reason to move as quickly as we did with Klieman in replacing Bohl, so maybe he does want to look around a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                              That's remarkable

Comment

Working...
                              X