USD Hires Craig Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

Austin is not listed on Northern Colorado's website as a coach.
    Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 04-12-2014, 02:35 PM.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Actually he is. I'm close to the department and I can't confirm his hiring either. I was in Vermillion though, and I did see him at the Dome. That doesn't mean he's on staff. But he is listed as coach for UNC.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        Sure. So let me understand...since Austin hasn't updated his twitter bio and it hasn't been announced by the University or the Argus yet, it's obviously B.S.? Got it...
        Exactly.

I am not going to believe anything I read on an internet message board, especially if none if our local media hasn't said a peep about it.

I'm still waving the BS flag.

Edit: He is still listed as a UNC coach, which is what is stated on his twitter account.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
          Actually he is. I'm close to the department and I can't confirm his hiring either. I was in Vermillion though, and I did see him at the Dome. That doesn't mean he's on staff. But he is listed as coach for UNC.
          Thanks for the updates and info. I am curious to hear confirmation or denial from Austin, UNC or USD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Edit: My bad. Stupid iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              Exactly.

I am not going to believe anything I read on an internet message board, especially if none if our local media hasn't said a peep about it.

I'm still waving the BS flag.

Edit: He is still listed as a UNC coach, which is what is stated on his twitter account.

Im with you with the BS flag. Until i see something official. It seems just because he was seen in the dome, it means he's going to be an asst coach. Maybe he was on his way back to Brandon and stopped. I smell a couple rats. But hey, my sinus's suck so my smell might not be accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Did you mean to say IS?

http://www.uncbears.com/sports/mbkb/coaches/index

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                  An appearance at the Dome could mean several things. For example, let's say he's recruiting a seven-footer who is also considering USD: Austin: "See, you don't wanna go here."

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    An appearance at the Dome could mean several things. For example, let's say he's recruiting a seven-footer who is also considering USD: Austin: "See, you don't wanna go here."

If the rumor turns out to be accurate, Austin's joining the staff at SDU would be a reminder for fans of bothSDSU and SDU that the nastiness between fans of the two schools should be kept under control (by the fans).
                    Craig Smith comes across as a very likable guy, and no doubt makes friends easily with other coaches. It could be Austin was at USD for an interview for a staff job, but why would he be showing the 7 footer around? Especially if he had not been officially hired. This citing makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Craig Smith comes across as a very likable guy, and no doubt makes friends easily with other coaches. It could be Austin was at USD for an interview for a staff job, but why would he be showing the 7 footer around? Especially if he had not been officially hired. This siting makes no sense.
                      First you have to believe he was showing a 7 footer around

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        Greeley is about 10 times nicer than Vermilion. I can't imagine USD is paying him any more than the UNC. Might be cost of living difference or maybe just wanted to get back to SD.
                        BS. Greeley has packing plant and feed lot odors beyond anything in all of Clay County. If he is the top assistant he might be getting more at USD than at UNC. We will see on the salary, if he is hired at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          First you have to believe he was showing a 7 footer around
                          Funny I am confused on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            BS. Greeley has packing plant and feed lot odors beyond anything in all of Clay County. If he is the top assistant he might be getting more at USD than at UNC. We will see on the salary, if he is hired at all.
                            When's the last time you have been to Greeley?

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              When's the last time you have been to Greeley?
                              Last fall and I held my nose.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                yote4life: In your ninth post on this message board (assuming you haven't signed up in the past -- we'll do some checking on that), you throw out the above statement which is based on Austin Hansen being hired as an assistant coach. There seems to be no "source" for that comment other than your post and then a subsequent post by a party stating he's an SDSU grad now in med school at USD. It appears possible that you may have just thrown that out to get a rise out of this board. Care to comment further?

See my next post: I noted JackMD is reporting he's heard from a credible source that Austin has been hired by USD.
                                I don't know why nothing is being reported about it. I was told about it from someone in the athletic department who talked to him. I didn't realize it wasn't out there yet. They never acted like it was some kind of secret, it was just a fact. Austin talked to Smith at the final 4 and loved the guy, Smith offered him the job and Austin took it. I will be very embarrassed if this is not true. The only way it is not true is if Austin has changed his mind in the last couple of days because on Friday he was the assistant coach. I feel bad for putting it out there on this chat room before they could make the announcement. I didn't realize nobody knew when I posted about it. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about him as a coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X