Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    Yeah,i'm sure Joey is just thrilled. Anyway,welcome to the board.
    No doubt Craig and Joey know each other.

Comment

Welcome, Yote4Life.
      Question: Who will be the first to have a winning season: Craig Smith or Joe Glenn?
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Welcome, Yote4Life.
        Question: Who will be the first to have a winning season: Craig Smith or Joe Glenn?
        Are you talking about an actual winning season, i.e. more wins than losses, or a USD winning season, i.e. beating SDSU?
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
          ... (And yes, I already know what some of you are thinking "typical USD fan, before their new coach even coaches one game in D-I he already has him being so successful he's leaving for a bigger job in 5 years.)...
          Hmmm...preemptive smack? Welcome to the board.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
            Lebanon.
            rabbitfarmer knows...are you Lebanese, rabbitfarmer? I'm picking up a Tolstoy vibe....
            Last edited by JackJD; 04-04-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Welcome, Yote4Life.
              Without checking the schedules I would say Craig Smith. However, I will say the football team showed a lot of improvement from year 1 to year 2 under Glenn. The record still wasn't great, but the games were a lot more competitive. Besides NDSU which was an ass kicking both years.

Comment

basketball, football is a tougher schedule, and they have some holes. Where basketball the SL will probably down a bit, its down in general plus new coaches, add in the fact that they can schedule some easy home games, and the dome isn't the easiest to play.

Comment

I gotta say I like the Austin Hansen hire as an assistant coach. I'm surprised though. I never thought he would be working for USD. What did you guys think of him as a recruiter?

Comment

I gotta say I like the Austin Hansen hire as an assistant coach. I'm surprised though. I never thought he would be working for USD. What did you guys think of him as a recruiter?
                    Austin had a big hand in landing Nate Wolters. I think he knows talent when he sees it. I think $$$ trump old rivalries. Craig must have made an offer that pulled him out of Greely and the animal odors that he did not have in Brookings.

Comment

Is there a article link about the Austin Hansen hiring? I can't find one. I thought he was still an assistant coach at Northern Colorado?

http://www.uncbears.com/sports/mbkb/...HANSEN-_Austin

Comment

First post ever on here. I'm in med school down here at USD and was at the wellness center and swore I saw Austin with this really tall recruit this afternoon but then second guessed myself. I saw him again later walking out and was even more certain it was him. Haven't seen anything in the news though to confirm it.

Comment

I'd say that is a great hire for both sides. Austin gets back to SD and the coyotes get a proven commodity with regional ties. I guess I hadn't given any thought to his willingness to be employed at USD. I'm no coyote fan and I love working for USD.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

With assistants, there often is no press release. This is one that would interest many on this board thoug.

Comment

Austin Hansen is an excellent recruiter- he brings a lot to the table. He is an honest and sincere person who won't blow smoke about a recruits abilities but will inspire confidence because he is approachable, organized, has the ability to speak to young men on their level and has a degree of authority because he has been there and done that. He knows the recruiting scene extremely well locally but won't limit himself to location if he finds the right recruit further afield. An excellent hire for USD. I think the Jacks suffered when he left us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Without Austin Hansen, SDSU men's basketball team would be a shell of itself.
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X