Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    So, as it turns out, Austin more than likely has been in Vermillion doing "assistant" coaching duties and such, all while posing as a UNC coach still on Twitter. How is that possible? What will his recruits think?
    Feel free to stop being an a$$ at any point. Add something constructive or an original thought for a change. You've done nothing but comment on other people's posts.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      Feel free to stop being an a$$ at any point. Add something constructive or an original thought for a change. You've done nothing but comment on other people's posts.

Cool. Several posters called b.s. on this rumor. Several posters also believed it to be true. One poster went 'bat **** crazy' in this thread. Keep being yourself and I'll do the same...fair enough?
      Last edited by jacks1; 04-14-2014, 03:58 PM.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I dont mean this as smack, but assuming USD turns it around and actually becomes a decent Summit team, SDSU fans will clearly be able to say that SDSU had to help USD again besides the whole D-1 transition, but actually make their team respectable and a good basketball program.

curious move, I thought it a bit strange he left to go to UNC, and a bit more strange to go to USD. I figured he would have looked for a lower level headcoaching job or a higher mid major or low major confrence assistant job. after leaving SDSU he took 2 jobs that could argue are lower quality jobs. Unless he didnt like that Nagy hasnt moved on yet and thought he would have a chance at SDSU but with him staying put, maybe he wanted to find a coach who will be willing to move on after several years so he could move into the HC being the top assistant. Unless he just found out living in Colo wasnt all it was cracked up to be and wanted to be closer to home.

Smart hire by Smith, If anyone knows the inside and thought process of Nagy its Austin.
        As JoeBoo previously alluded to, I think its crystal clear now that Hansen did not see eye to eye with Nagy and something triggered his exit.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Cool. Several posters called b.s. on this rumor. Several posters also believed it to be true. One poster went 'bat **** crazy' in this thread. Keep being yourself and I'll do the same...fair enough?
          At one point, this appeared to be nothing but an unsubstantiated rumor brought to our forum by rival fans - and then was subsequently being walked back by those same rival fans when it looked like it wasn't going to come to fruition. If getting upset about that is 'bat **** crazy' then call me Batman.

Comment

At one point, this appeared to be nothing but an unsubstantiated rumor brought to our forum by rival fans - and then was subsequently being walked back by those same rival fans when it looked like it wasn't going to come to fruition. If getting upset about that is 'bat **** crazy' then call me Batman.
            Not to change the subject, but I saw Josh Mueller giving a rather tall individual a tour of Frost Arena a couple of hours ago.
            USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
              Not to change the subject, but I saw Josh Mueller giving a rather tall individual a tour of Frost Arena a couple of hours ago.
              Good one. Also, Austin is a good hire for USD. It's worth reminding ourselves that the coaching world is not about loyalty to one's alma mater. Coaching is a profession.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Craig has put together a very solid staff...USD really made an outstanding hire.

Comment

So terribly wrong because we actually used the facts in front of us to back up our positions? Right.

And to RO-keep your reps to yourself you di$k.
                  A disk? That's quite the insult considering most disks are bordering on obsolete and software has gone mostly digital. I am truly offended.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                    Craig has put together a very solid staff...USD really made an outstanding hire.
                    Now its time to see if they can put it all together on the court. I still say its going to take them at least 1 more year to start competing for a title.

Comment

Hey not all of us who initially posted were rival fans... I still had my doubts about what I saw until I checked the news today though. If med school doesn't pan out, I'm now listing journalism as a backup career. I'm impressed with the way USD is moving to build its program. Hope this gives SDSU some extra motivation to continue advancing its program as well.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Maybe they are waiting until after the weekend... ??
                        As I was saying...
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Now that this conversation has come to a conclusion, I would ask TV to give Mick Garry Craig Smith's phone number.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Greatest thread since the discussion around AJ's future. At least this one turned out to be credible.

Best wishes to Coach Hansen. Professional growth is always a good thing. Harboring grudges isn't, so I would hope there are no hard feelings from any past, unknown (to us outsiders anyway) relationships.
                            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

As JoeBoo previously alluded to, I think its crystal clear now that Hansen did not see eye to eye with Nagy and something triggered his exit.
                              I may have missed or overlooked that post. I figured they would have probably had a decent relationship after playing for him for 4 years and coaching with him for 5. Unless someone knows more PM me but I assumed his move was more for career development.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I may have missed or overlooked that post. I figured they would have probably had a decent relationship after playing for him for 4 years and coaching with him for 5. Unless someone knows more PM me but I assumed his move was more for career development.
                                Look at post #178. Boo mentions two reasons but does not elaborate. It appears the word will come down tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X