USD Hires Craig Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

Jeremy Hoeck, Yankton reporter (who covers USD better than the Argus) interviewed Coach Smith last Wednesday.

Quote from his news article on filling out a coaching staff:
    http://www.yankton.net/sports/articl...tml?TNNoMobile
    He spent last week in Dallas, Texas, recruiting and interviewing coaching candidates, and was then at USD’s athletic auction last Friday night in Sioux Falls. “Now I’ve been back here taking care of business,” he said.

Task number one for Smith, who spent the past two seasons as an assistant under Tim Miles at Nebraska, is filling his staff. He didn’t provide any details, though did say he expects an announcement within a “couple days.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
      Just a quick question from an outside observer: Has anyone bothered to send a quick email to TV and/or MG to inquire if they know anything? Making sure they know about the rumor would seem like a much better use of time than sniping at one another. I'm pretty sure the NDSU beat reporters keep an eye on Bisonville to be on the lookout for new info, but I don't know if that's the case for SDSU & USD beat reporters and the SDSU & USD message boards.
      Couple people have tweeted at TV. Didn't look like he replied to any of them.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

This thread has to be the leader for 'oddball thread of the year'.

Comment

Maybe they are waiting until after the weekend... ??
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
            I'll tell you what TK22867, if this rumor is wrong then you won't have to ban me, I'll go away. If its true then maybe you can do the same. What do you say, do we have a deal?
            So this wager is backed by someone with 15 total posts on an SDSU fan site? I've already said if the rumor is true I'll send reps. If untrue, you should face the ban hammer.

So far, we have nothing but "hearsay" that has been generated from this thread alone. There is not one shred of evidence out there. All "sources" have either tried to walk the story back, or upon a second interrogation have been unable to confirm because they actually heard it from a second hand source (maybe even this board).

Some board members have essentially started stating the move as fact, without anything except what they read on this message board as their backup, following no logic whatsoever. Some of you will look even more foolish if nothing comes of this - all "got its" and "sighs" included. Hitch your horse to this rumor if you want, but don't think you're immune from being called out about it if it turns out go be garbage.

I thought we had board policies in place to handle these kinds of rumors, but I guess not.

My opinion that this is complete BS is based on FACTS as they stand right now.

1. No media anywhere has touched on this.
            2. Hansen is still listed as a coach on UNC's site.
            3. Hansen's twitter bio is still UNC.

Maybe those facts change this week, but until then this is nothing but an unsubstantiated rumor started by USD fans on an SDSU fan site.

In today's digital age and social media, the is no way Hansen is actively recruiting for USD without an updated twitter bio. Hey coach, I want to follow you on twitter! Ah, ok, but sorry, haven't had time to update that yet. Don't pay attention to any of that UNC stuff.

Comment

The posting guidelines are in the Announcements section. Here are a couple of highlights:

The third post in the Guidelines thread is the rule on rumors about current SDSU athletes. There is no rumor rule relating to coaches of other schools.

Members cannot ban other members.

This thread certainly is silly but for a couple of posters its also drawing out some anger. Moderators do not appreciate the anger.

Comment

Not knowing Smith or Hansen on a personal level, the two appear to be people who could work together, and that could be trouble for SDSU down the road. A coaching staff that sees eye to eye on a number of issues. Is this what is disturbing some of our posters? Not me, but who knows Austin could be Nagy successor down the road. Lots of buts and ifs, and btw the way would I want to band TK, Jack Power and a number of people who have disagreed on occasion? No way they are too much fun.

Comment

I love this thread. The only way it could be better is if Austin was reading it from his home in Greeley. Sitting there, gazing at the mountains,holding his nose,and dialing the number of the 7-footer he read was visiting USD.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    I love this thread. The only way it could be better is if Austin was reading it from his home in Greeley. Sitting there, gazing at the mountains,holding his nose,and dialing the number of the 7-footer he read was visiting USD.
                    Now that's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      Maybe they are waiting until after the weekend... ??
                      Maybe they are getting another billboard together about having an old friend for dinner........seemed to work well last time....
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        Now that's funny.
                        Yes it is. Rep pts to Jack Power.

Comment

Per TV: It once seemed unlikely that ex-SDSU star and assistant Austin Hansen would work at USD. But not now. #SmokeAndFire#ReleaseItAlready

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            Per TV: It once seemed unlikely that ex-SDSU star and assistant Austin Hansen would work at USD. But not now. #SmokeAndFire#ReleaseItAlready

Hasn't T.V. been reading this thread? It's not official until Austin updates his twitter bio...
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Hasn't T.V. been reading this thread? It's not official until Austin updates his twitter bio...
                              Its pretty apparent to me that T.V.'s twitter account has been hacked by yote4life

Why is USD waiting to release it? Are they ashamed of hiring a former Jack standout?

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                                Finally something from the media. Better DEAD then ever RED.

Comment

Working...
                                X