USD Hires Craig Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD Hires Craig Smith

If the rumor turns out to be true, I think Jacks fans will be happy for Austin. Helping build a good program at USD will be a good addition to his resume. I have also felt and hoped that USD will be a strong member of the SL and MVFC so that the stature of the league continues to grow which is a direct benefit of all teams in the conferences.

SDSU has grads in important positions at USD. (Could insert a wisecrack about it being part of the mission of a land grant university to develop the state and region --- it appears USD recognizes where to look for assistance and expertise).

Comment

All:

Not a smack thread.

Smack in this thread . . . or anything which might even vaguely resemble smack . . . will be dealt with. Perpetrators will not enjoy the result, unless they have some deep masochistic impulse.

Personal insults will cease.

In fact, discussion not directly relating to the topic of the thread will be henceforth considered by the moderators to be an 'unfriendly act' and may be cause for the recall of the ambassador for consultations, and quite possibly for the imposition of sanctions - - - without bothering to go to the UN first.

In other words: "We are not amused."
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by dozer1981 View Post
        Just got back from downtown V-town..joey, who should know, said that Austin is a coyote and he was showing a 7-1 kid that has left Nebraska around. However the kid hasn't decided where he is going yet. Only guy on Nebraska's roster who is 7-1 is Sergi Vucetic.
        How do you know he has been hired? When i search for Austin Hansen the only thing that shows up is him STILL being an assistant coach at UNC. It makes no sense for Hansen to show around a potential coach when he isn't even hired. If credible sources say its true and he has been hired, why hasn't the university had press release on it yet? It would be a noteworthy story. There's A LOT of unanswered questions. This talk off Austin Hansen about being hired at USD should be dropped until it is confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          How do you know he has been hired? When i search for Austin Hansen the only thing that shows up is him STILL being an assistant coach at UNC. It makes no sense for Hansen to show around a potential coach when he isn't even hired. If credible sources say its true and he has been hired, why hasn't the university had press release on it yet? It would be a noteworthy story. There's A LOT of unanswered questions. This talk off Austin Hansen about being hired at USD should be dropped until it is confirmed.
          How do you know he has not been hired? Its kind of up in the air. Still don't get this showing the 7 footer around if he is still on the staff at UNC. It just doesn't fit, and would Austin know his way around the Dakota Dome? I sure he knows how to get courtside, but other than that? Probably not the best tour guide for a 7 foot recruit. I see some humor on both sides, not trying to smack anyone.
          Last edited by Nidaros; 04-13-2014, 08:03 AM. Reason: Lets Just wait and see how this all comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            How do you know he has not been hired? Its kind of up in the air. Still don't get this showing the 7 footer around if he is still on the staff at UNC. It just doesn't fit, and would Austin know his way around the Dakota Dome? I sure he knows how to get courtside, but other than that? Probably not the best tour guide for a 7 foot recruit. I see some humor on both sides, not trying to smack anyone.
            This and and no release from USD or UNC
            http://www.uncbears.com/sports/mbkb/...HANSEN-_Austin

Schools are pretty fast on updating their websites.....Saul Phillips is listed on the Ohio Bobcats website

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              Actually he is. I'm close to the department and I can't confirm his hiring either. I was in Vermillion though, and I did see him at the Dome. That doesn't mean he's on staff. But he is listed as coach for UNC.
              I don't see him. I'm on my phone.

http://www.uncbears.com/sports/mbkb/coaches/index

Edit: We are all right. He's listed on the desktop version but he is not listed under the mobile version on my phone.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                I don't see him. I'm on my phone.

http://www.uncbears.com/sports/mbkb/coaches/index

Edit: We are all right. He's listed on the desktop version but he is not listed under the mobile version on my phone.
                I am afraid that Austin is pictured. Sooner or later this will be hoax or fact. My guess some authorization is needed and whoever is, that person maybe on vacation or did find his way home from the final four. Who knows? I sure don't.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 04-13-2014, 08:59 AM. Reason: W

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
                  Mick get on the ball then.
                  There's the problem. Isn't TV's job to cover your sports. Granted it's Track season.....still it's not like he has baseball to cover.......Mick just isn't a go-getter, he's more of a one story a week guy.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    lol Why shouldn't it be talked about? As far as why it there hasn't been a press release,who knows? Maybe it will be on Monday. It's not exactly earth shattering news when an assistant gets hired by an obscure mid-major.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      lol Why shouldn't it be talked about? As far as why it there hasn't been a press release,who knows? Maybe it will be on Monday. It's not exactly earth shattering news when an assistant gets hired by an obscure mid-major.

Exactly. It cracks me up that people are up in arms that nothing has been reported yet.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

What does USD SID know? Possibly sitting on press release.

Comment

I'm keeping a list and checking it twice. If this doesn't come to fruition, I will be flaming away in this thread, even if it gets me banned.

If this turns out to be total crap - look out.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            I'm keeping a list and checking it twice. If this doesn't come to fruition, I will be flaming away in this thread, even if it gets me banned.

LOOK OUT EVERYONE!! You've all been warned!!
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              Yes, this would only be "big news" to a small percentage of diehard fans and a few other hardcore basketball types. To the rest of the world, the movement of assistant coaches from one mid major team to another is hardly even noteworthy. The local news guys will throw it a little coverage when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

There are a gazillion things in life to get worked up about. This isn't one of them...
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X