Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit tourney, 2015

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Those picture do make it appear as though there will not be a bad seat in the house regardless of whether you are in the lower or upper bowl. Really makes you realize how outdated the old arena really is. Looking forward to attending many events at this location. Should be fabulous for concerts.
    I agree.

This arena 90% full of SDSU fans would be a TOUGH place to play. There will be even more home court complaints in coming years.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I actually contacted the SF Sports Authority and asked them exactly if we will be able to pick our seats or will we be at the mercy of "best available". They said they only allow "best available" during pre-sales to actually help the people purchasing the tickets. They said if they were to allow people to pick their own seats during a pre-sale all the seats are gone before you can actually buy them because of the hundreds of people also trying to select their own seats. Everyone is essentially trying to select the same, best seats - getting in the way of each other. Now, this might have been what they were instructed to say if asked this question but it does make sense. From my experience buying seats online you have x-amount of seconds/minutes to buy the seats you currently have selected but I can understand how that would get messy during a mad rush of requests.

So, I just wanted everyone to know that you will be at the mercy of "best available" come Aug. 20th.

Comment

There is 3 price levels for the tickets. That might also be another variable not experienced before. The price banding will shuffle the buyer into another set of best available. The pricing will push people to different available seats when they choose the price.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          I actually contacted the SF Sports Authority and asked them exactly if we will be able to pick our seats or will we be at the mercy of "best available". They said they only allow "best available" during pre-sales to actually help the people purchasing the tickets. They said if they were to allow people to pick their own seats during a pre-sale all the seats are gone before you can actually buy them because of the hundreds of people also trying to select their own seats. Everyone is essentially trying to select the same, best seats - getting in the way of each other. Now, this might have been what they were instructed to say if asked this question but it does make sense. From my experience buying seats online you have x-amount of seconds/minutes to buy the seats you currently have selected but I can understand how that would get messy during a mad rush of requests.

So, I just wanted everyone to know that you will be at the mercy of "best available" come Aug. 20th.
          I'm positive this is why there's such a charlie foxtrot when NDSU puts their single game tickets on sale. You have several thousand people trying to buy from a pool of only 500-1200 tickets per game.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

"Best available" sucks. How does the computer now what the buyer considers "best available". You should at least be able to select a section to choose seats from. Its not like 20,000 people are going to sign on at 10 am. More like a couple hundred in a 12,000 seat venue. SP sports authority sucks if you ask me. That is all.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Do you think that going to the ticket window (if there is one) or ordering via phone might allow more flexibility than purchasing via web?

Comment

anychance after the openning rush it goes from best available to be able to select the section and highlight the seats you want? I know they do that for concerts and other things all over the country so not sure why they cant figure it out with the summit tickets. I personally feel that if people are buying all session passes should get better priority then many since they will most likely be at every game and help fill the place up for the the most part. look pretty silly for some of the none sdsu and usd games where all our fans who bought all season tickets are sitting in the nosebleeds but there may be walk up tickets for those games that are much better seats. I think i am going to wait to hear how it goes for others before we decide to jump on the all session passes right away.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'll keep buying all session tickets as long as its in SF and taking vacation time if i have to so i can go to all the games, or most of them. I'll be working the 20th so will have to order on my phone. Might have to go into a bathroom stall to order them, so i dont get in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    Do you think that going to the ticket window (if there is one) or ordering via phone might allow more flexibility than purchasing via web?
                    My experience at the ticket window has been terrible. They give you even less options than online or by phone. Excuse is that they want the line to move efficiently. Basically you walk up, tell them how many you want and they print the tickets. I suppose this year you will select your payment and then they will print your ticket. They don't allow you to choose a section, row, certain seats per row, etc.. How many you want, here they are.

I have gotten the best seats when I have called in after the rush of people have gone through. I have tried to call during the first few hours of presales and they don't answer. So, I say get online Wednesday at 10 am or call in later that morning, afternoon and order your seats. Don't stand in line and don't try calling right away. Things may have changed this year, I kind of doubt it will be for the better.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

My experience last year was similar to Jackmd for standing in line when they open up. However I went back after the rush and they allowed me to have some input into the seats I got, but they were still not great. this year the process may be similar, but all of the seats will be pretty good, so I think it will work out and i plan to order on line because i am currently out of state.

Comment

Would be nice if they could at least show a map of the seats that are being sold for all tourny tickets. If they could allow you to choose the sections. I dont know why it would be hard to have a thing that shows these sections are available for purchasing all tournament passes and give the person a chance to pick a section atleast. hopefully with a new venue its a better experience buying tickets and those of us that get get all tourny passes can actually get good seats for every game. would suck to have people who show up for every game sitting in the upper section for games that non SD teams are in.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

How many individuals bought Summit Baseball tickets? Of those, how many will be interested in taking advantage of the basketball presale? I can't imagine it is so many people that the system gets flooded on August 20. Isn't that the point of a "pre-sale"? I've bought first-day tickets to plenty of concerts via Ticketmaster and been able to choose my seats online. It's unfortunate they have to do this way.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is that there will ALWAYS be better seats available during the tournament for those that have less-than-stellar seating for the all-session passes. This is because most schools return their ticket allotment once they are bounced from the tourney and those seats are usually pretty good.

I know there is a lot of complaining about not being able to select "individual seats", but it has been my experience that it is a churn-and-burn process for high-demand events. A story for you:

Back in my younger years, WCW Monday Nitro was coming to town and it was pretty big at the time. I lined up for tickets at Lewis. The manager handed out numbers to everyone in line and said he would draw a number out of the hat to determine who gets their tickets first. After that, he would come around and ask how many seats you wanted at each price level, prior to the time tickets became available. Once tickets became available, they would just print them out as fast as they could and then you'd pay for them once you got to the front of the line. Mysteriously, the number the manager pulled was "#1", so the first person in line received the first set of tickets. That probably prevented a riot that would have included many piledrivers, chair shots, and people getting thrown through tables.

BTW, WCW Monday Nitro was one helluva party at the Arena. I had an absolute blast.

Comment

Has anyone received their email with the presale code yet? I haven't.
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                Has anyone received their email with the presale code yet? I haven't.
                                I can't even find a way to order them. Anyone able to get tickets?

Comment

Working...
                                X