Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit tourney, 2015

August 22 at 10 am. $115 all session
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      August 22 at 10 am. $115 all session
      Boom!

Is this when we get the first dibs chance if we bought Summit Baseball tix?
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Post deleted to avoid confusion for others.

See link posted by UWMandSDSU below.
        Last edited by TK22867; 08-06-2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          Boom!

Is this when we get the first dibs chance if we bought Summit Baseball tix?
          August 20 for the baseball tix and August 21 for previous all session ticket holders.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Press Release: http://sfsportsauthority.org/2014/08...ticket-update/

Comment

Can you select the seats you want in certains areas or is it just randomly given with no thought of what are actually good seats.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Can you select the seats you want in certains areas or is it just randomly given with no thought of what are actually good seats.
                I have seen Ticketmaster do it both ways: allow you to pick your seats (eg. SDSU vs. FGCU) or the system chooses "best available".

Comment

When I was at Lewis Drug(Ticketmaster), I had choices of sections and seats.

Comment

I meant online where you can see the seats that are available? When ever we got um they just did best available and wouldn't let us see other available seats. I was hoping online have better chance to search for better seating.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I meant online where you can see the seats that are available? When ever we got um they just did best available and wouldn't let us see other available seats. I was hoping online have better chance to search for better seating.
                      I hope we can select our seats online this time. The "best available" deal has not worked out too well for me the last few years. As you mentioned earlier, people who bought later than I did ended up with better seats - sometimes much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        I hope we can select our seats online this time. The "best available" deal has not worked out too well for me the last few years. As you mentioned earlier, people who bought later than I did ended up with better seats - sometimes much better.
                        The arena box office was a cluster. People that ordered tickets a month before the tournament got much better seats than those of us that stood in line the day they went on sale. In fact, I called the next day and got 4 tickets on the lower level risers after being told "best available" was row 22 in Sec O.

I will not be one bit surprised if the situation is similar on August 20th. I've been looking into Big 10 tourney tickets and its a scam. All the best seats are kept by the venue for sponsors and friends. Then, a certain number of tickets are allotted to the participating schools in sections, some for players, families and major boosters and some for the other fans (distributed by priority). The remaining few thousand tickets are made available to the general public, typically upper level seats. Eventually, when the schools return the tickets they don't use more seats become available to the general public, if scalpers haven't purchased them all.

Now, I don't think we are looking at exactly that scenario for the Summit league. However, I am certain that a large number of seats will not be available for the general public. I don't know if that will be 2,000 or a few hundred. I don't know how many seats will be held back for each member school (100? 500?). Long and short, I don't think we are going to have access to the "best seats in the house" on August 20th and I think some of the best seats will become available as the tournament date gets closer.

Regardless, I'm buying 8 all session passes on the 20th in the best location I can get them regardless of cost.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Thats eactly what we noticed and are going to hopefully get decent seats, all things considered since its a new venue they probably will be, but would be nice to have more control over which seats we want to choose from.

Comment

since I am a stampede season ticket hold I was able to get a sneak peak. I can only speak for the lower bowl, but there is not a bad seat. I only thing that I would watch for it some seat have an obstructed view because of the railing. here is a link to the stampede showing some of the views of course they show the hockey rink but you can get an idea of what the views are.

http://www.sfstampede.com/page/show/...season-tickets

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
                              since I am a stampede season ticket hold I was able to get a sneak peak. I can only speak for the lower bowl, but there is not a bad seat. I only thing that I would watch for it some seat have an obstructed view because of the railing. here is a link to the stampede showing some of the views of course they show the hockey rink but you can get an idea of what the views are.

http://www.sfstampede.com/page/show/...season-tickets
                              Those picture do make it appear as though there will not be a bad seat in the house regardless of whether you are in the lower or upper bowl. Really makes you realize how outdated the old arena really is. Looking forward to attending many events at this location. Should be fabulous for concerts.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                The arena box office was a cluster. People that ordered tickets a month before the tournament got much better seats than those of us that stood in line the day they went on sale. In fact, I called the next day and got 4 tickets on the lower level risers after being told "best available" was row 22 in Sec O.

I will not be one bit surprised if the situation is similar on August 20th. I've been looking into Big 10 tourney tickets and its a scam. All the best seats are kept by the venue for sponsors and friends. Then, a certain number of tickets are allotted to the participating schools in sections, some for players, families and major boosters and some for the other fans (distributed by priority). The remaining few thousand tickets are made available to the general public, typically upper level seats. Eventually, when the schools return the tickets they don't use more seats become available to the general public, if scalpers haven't purchased them all.

Now, I don't think we are looking at exactly that scenario for the Summit league. However, I am certain that a large number of seats will not be available for the general public. I don't know if that will be 2,000 or a few hundred. I don't know how many seats will be held back for each member school (100? 500?). Long and short, I don't think we are going to have access to the "best seats in the house" on August 20th and I think some of the best seats will become available as the tournament date gets closer.

Regardless, I'm buying 8 all session passes on the 20th in the best location I can get them regardless of cost.
                                Please explain how this is a scam? Should the conference tournaments see what's left over and distribute those to schools/sponsors/friends? That would be a terrible idea, IMO.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X