Summit tourney, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit tourney, 2015

I expect another close NDSU/DEN matchup. Casual fans expecting to see an offensive shootout might find this game unwatchable. I expect the pressure of the tournament might keep the scoring way down. First to 55 wins? I'll take NDSU tonight.

I'm heading to SF in a couple of hours and am looking forward to seeing all four games. Love this tournament.

Comment

As of about 9:45 am, Snookums (who is a volunteer at the tournament again) reports that people are lining up at the Denny's ticket window. Maybe 15-20 people or so.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

At the half, IPFW 34, USD 33. Dons outplaying the Yotes, but have fouled too much and USD making hay at the free throw line.

Comment

Need 1 ticket to Monday's sessions. PM me if anyone has one available!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

9,773 attendance at the evening session.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              I expect another close NDSU/DEN matchup. Casual fans expecting to see an offensive shootout might find this game unwatchable. I expect the pressure of the tournament might keep the scoring way down. First to 55 wins? I'll take NDSU tonight.

I'm heading to SF in a couple of hours and am looking forward to seeing all four games. Love this tournament.
              You called it. That game was unwatchable!

Comment

NDSU-DU was a rock fight, without the rocks.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I found this game to be extremely offensive. I kept nodding off late in the first half.

Comment

• Summit tourney, 2015

I can't argue with that. What did the two teams end up making, two 3-pointers for the whole game? That's was the total when I left with 3:00 to go anyway. George Marshall made that many in the first few minutes of the prior game.

NDSU looks worn down, Alexander in particular. Will they have enough to get through Monday/Tuesday?

Comment

I can't argue with that. What did the two teams end up making, two 3-pointers for the whole game? That's was the total when I left with 3:00 to go anyway. George Marshall made that many in the first few minutes of the prior game.

NDSU looks worn down, Alexander in particular. Will they have enough to get through Monday/Tuesday?
                      Korey Brown played 19 minutes and fouled out of the game. Those fouls might be a result of his tender knees and being a step slow. That will force Alexander to play more defense on the best player from the opponent. Alexander was also trying to get fouls from the refs when he was driving and throwing the ball at the backboard. LA was 4-7 at the line and he fouled out. LA averages 1.3 fouls per game. Jacobsen can pick up the points for the Bison at this time. Whether he will shoot 70% the rest of the tournament might be a bigger order.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I'm not sure if Kory fouled out because of his injury, I thought he looked pretty good. The refs called a 40+ fouls and sounds like that crew has called 40+ in 8 of the last 10 games they have done. I'm hoping that is the last game they will officiate in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                          I'm not sure if Kory fouled out because of his injury, I thought he looked pretty good. The refs called a 40+ fouls and sounds like that crew has called 40+ in 8 of the last 10 games they have done. I'm hoping that is the last game they will officiate in the tournament.
                          You seriously are blaming the refs on that POS performance by both teams last night? Augie would've rolled both of those teams last night the way they played. I'm just glad for the tournament's sake that most of the 9800 left after SDSU's game. If I was just a casual fan and that was the game I saw...I'd never go back.
                          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

It wasn't even a good free throw display either. Ndsu had almost as many free throw attempts as fg attempts. 2 3 point fgs total in the game if I remember. That was not fun to watch. Honestly 2 people in our section fell aleep. 1 may have passed out though in his defense.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Considering DEN's style of play (SLOWING the game down and shooting jumpers instead of driving) it is even odder that the NDSU guards picked up those fouls. What would have happened if they were facing an up-tempo team that likes to slash to the rim? A certain one in blue comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                                You seriously are blaming the refs on that POS performance by both teams last night? Augie would've rolled both of those teams last night the way they played. I'm just glad for the tournament's sake that most of the 9800 left after SDSU's game. If I was just a casual fan and that was the game I saw...I'd never go back.
                                I can't blame the refs for poor shooting but it only made matters worse calling the game so tight. Neither team could find a rhythm. It got to the point where both teams just drove to the basket expecting a call.

As for the game I expected it to be a slowdown type of game, it is just what happens when the two play. Just happy the team found a way to win, that is all that matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X