Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit tourney, 2015

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
    I just have a problem with people complaining about having to walk a little extra. Suck it up, boo hoo it's cold out. It's South Dakota. I walk several blocks when I go to Twins games. Good exercise.
    If its just me I don't care but if I have a 1 and 3 year old trying to get them to walk a couple blocks to events in the middle of winter isn't a real picnic. I don't expect to park up front but should have parking to meet the demands of the facility. Plus an event with 8K-10K is a little different then a pro sports team who avgs much more then that agame. Plus the twins have a parking garage litteraly built in next to the stadium. Parking in easier their imho. Never had a problem finding a spot in those ramps.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Pictures of the court being installed:

http://www.argusleader.com/media/cin...-installation/

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        sorry for the thread drift.... I was scrolling through some pictures and saw one of Katie Lingle with the midco sports minute. I remember seeing her on the commercials for a while but havent lately. What is she doing now? I thought she went for broadcast journalism or something.
        She is in Washington, DC, where she has joined Sen. John Thune's staff.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          If its just me I don't care but if I have a 1 and 3 year old trying to get them to walk a couple blocks to events in the middle of winter isn't a real picnic. I don't expect to park up front but should have parking to meet the demands of the facility. Plus an event with 8K-10K is a little different then a pro sports team who avgs much more then that agame. Plus the twins have a parking garage litteraly built in next to the stadium. Parking in easier their imho. Never had a problem finding a spot in those ramps.
          So the City should have spent another $30 million on a parking facility so you wouldn't have to carry your kid a block or two to the event's center?

I have a 10 month and a 3-year old as well. They aren't that heavy to carry if they get tired of walking.

Comment

The Argus coverage started today. There was a short paragraph on Page 4 indicating there will be food collection during the tournament. There is also a header on Page 1 announcing coverage on argusleader.com starting at 2 pm for the press conference followed by Zimmer, Garry, and Nicholson doing an in-depth look at the SLT.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              So the City should have spent another $30 million on a parking facility so you wouldn't have to carry your kid a block or two to the event's center?

I have a 10 month and a 3-year old as well. They aren't that heavy to carry if they get tired of walking.
              Well I'm not a big fan of parking in residential areas for these sorts of things. I have issue with the city just telling people to park in the residential areas. Guess it sucks for the people who live there but too bad for them.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...llot/24322381/
                Another ballot with Korey Billbury. If ORU discharges him from the team prior to the finish of the season, it seems odd that he is able to be considered for all league honors. It is not the same as a pulled muscle and getting some DNP. Is this political correctness?
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...llot/24322381/
                  Another ballot with Korey Billbury. If ORU discharges him from the team prior to the finish of the season, it seems odd that he is able to be considered for all league honors. It is not the same as a pulled muscle and getting some DNP. Is this political correctness?
                  If he met the statistical requirements for consideration (I assume its a games played type of thing), I don't see why he shouldn't be on the ballot. People make mistakes, do we need to go nuclear about everything these days? Who knows what Billbury actually did to be suspended? Was it criminal, or was it a straw that broke the camel's back type of situation?
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    If he met the statistical requirements for consideration (I assume its a games played type of thing), I don't see why he shouldn't be on the ballot. People make mistakes, do we need to go nuclear about everything these days? Who knows what Billbury actually did to be suspended? Was it criminal, or was it a straw that broke the camel's back type of situation?
                    Agreed, Billbury is still one of the better players in the Summit and deserves to be at least in the conversation of being on an all-league team.

Comment

Summit League extending the Food Fight to the conference tournament:

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...30415foodfight
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Stu Whitney has added an article for the SLT.
                        http://www.argusleader.com/story/stu...tney/24447479/

Comment

More stories
                          http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...rney/24473439/
                          http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...mmit/24467861/

Comment

Cody Larson, "a big 10 recruit"

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              Cody Larson, "a big 10 recruit"
                              He did commit to Iowa right away but than de-committed and ended up at Florida. So he was a Big 10 and a SEC recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                                He did commit to Iowa right away but than de-committed and ended up at Florida. So he was a Big 10 and a SEC recruit.
                                Yes, I had forgot that.

Comment

Working...
                                X