Summit tourney, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit tourney, 2015

I was at a meeting about a week ago with Wes Hall, Sports Authority Director, at that time they had basically sold enough tickets to set a new attendance record, somewhere in the low 40,000s if I remember correctly. They though with the right match ups, they could get to 50,000. I have a feeling that may be significantly exceeded if both Jacks teams make it to the finals.

Wouldn't surprise me to hear that the five year extension to keep the tournament here gets announced shortly after the tournament. If I remember correctly the current agreement runs through 2017 with an option for an additional 5 years.

Comment

Tweet from @KELOHolsen
      According to SF Sports Authority, 8,000+ tix sold so far for Sat. night. This upper section will be open. #kelonews

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Tweet from @KELOHolsen
        According to SF Sports Authority, 8,000+ tix sold so far for Sat. night. This upper section will be open. #kelonews
        Not bad for a "low mid major" "neutral site" conference tournament, I'd say.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Tweet from @KELOHolsen
          Well that's were I'll be

Comment

Tweet from @KELOHolsen
            Thank you Dr. Miller and Dr. Oien for your foresight and your willingness to take the heat!
            Last edited by Roy; 03-04-2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              Thank you Dr. Miller and Dr. Oien for your foresight and your willingness to the the heat!
              And so very glad we didn't get an invite into the Big Sky. http://www.sacbee.com/sports/college...e12367871.html

Comment

And so very glad we didn't get an invite into the Big Sky. http://www.sacbee.com/sports/college...e12367871.html
                A D1 conference championship is being held at Sac States rec building that hold up to 2,700 people? That is embarrassing. The schools main gym only holds 1,100 was deemed inadequate by the Big Sky. They must have high standards. They are charging $20 for the opening rounds, $25 for the semis, and $30 for the championship. They do give the option of buying a pass for all games for only $60. And to top it off they are charing $10 to park.

Have fun with that UND! Your fellow Dakota schools will be playing at a top notch facility in front of 8,000 fans.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  A D1 conference championship is being held at Sac States rec building that hold up to 2,700 people? That is embarrassing. The schools main gym only holds 1,100 was deemed inadequate by the Big Sky. They must have high standards. They are charging $20 for the opening rounds, $25 for the semis, and $30 for the championship. They do give the option of buying a pass for all games for only $60. And to top it off they are charing $10 to park.

Have fun with that UND! Your fellow Dakota schools will be playing at a top notch facility in front of 8,000 fans.
                  What's even worse is UND isn't going to qualify for the Big Sky tournament. Ouch

Comment

That is crazy! What a mess.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

UND probably didn't win half their road games!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        UND probably didn't win half their road games!
                        UND was horrendous at home, and got continuously worse as the season progressed. It is amazing how poorly they have transitioned to D1 sports minus hockey. They have had 1 team make any NCAA tournament in 3 years. They also have 0 conference rivals and their attendance is beyond bad.

Comment

Sixty square foot TV (Daktronics) is being placed in Summit Lounge for tournament attendees.
                          https://www.facebook.com/SFSportsAut...842140/?type=1

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                            UND was horrendous at home, and got continuously worse as the season progressed. It is amazing how poorly they have transitioned to D1 sports minus hockey. They have had 1 team make any NCAA tournament in 3 years. They also have 0 conference rivals and their attendance is beyond bad.
                            Buthockey?
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sixty square foot TV (Daktronics) is being placed in Summit Lounge for tournament attendees.
                              https://www.facebook.com/SFSportsAut...842140/?type=1
                              Where is the actual location of the lounge? What would be awesome is to use the convention center to rent out the rooms there for each school to have an alumni area all in the same place with food and drinks etc.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Where is the actual location of the lounge? What would be awesome is to use the convention center to rent out the rooms there for each school to have an alumni area all in the same place with food and drinks etc.
                                Lower concourse of Premier Center (in between SE entrance and East entrance). If you downloaded Summit Hoops mobile App, it is now located on the "event level map".

Convention Center, at least on Saturday has home show.

Comment

Working...
                                X