The Summit League season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Summit League season

MBB: Denver @ NDSU is on ESPN3. Game doesn't mean anything as far as regular season but it could be a potential semifinal

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      MBB: Denver @ NDSU is on ESPN3. Game doesn't mean anything as far as regular season but it could be a potential semifinal
      Bison lead 27-22 at half
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Bison win 78-68. Western wins by 5 over IUPUI.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

That's what we get for hoping another team would help us out. All uno had to do was not screw it up to beat fw and they sure managed away. Just another reason for me to dislike omaha. The mavs are almost to me what ipfw is to filbert.

Let's face it aside from getting top 2 seeds playing western the first round is not bad at all. We usually play them pretty well even though they are close games we just usually have enough good offense to win yet play them pretty solid on D.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The Senior Day for all the home teams for men and women won except Omaha. Tomorrow the yotes women may join the Omaha men with a loss for the Senior Day.

Comment

That two seed and day of rest would have been great, but it was not to be. I don't think we can complain, based on our own pre-season expectations. I've been saying since November that all I was hoping for was a team that arrived in Sioux Falls with some momentum. We finished the season winning eight of the last nine games. Many of those wins were by very comfortable margins.

NDSU is obviously the favorite next week, but this team has the pieces to make it interesting. We have experience winning on that pressure-packed court and our fans will turn the place blue. It's been an entertaining season and there's certainly a chance things could get even better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The Jacks were picked in the pre-season to be #3 for the men and #1 for the women, if I recall correctly, and that's where SDSU wound up. The only difference from the pre-season picks was that it was Ft. Wayne, not Denver, in the #2 spot for the men.

Best case scenario for me on the Men's side is that the Jacks upset the Bison in the finals, and then the Bison make the NCAA tournament anyway as an at-large, giving the SL two teams in the tournament. In that scenario, I wouldn't even mind playing the play-in game in Dayton; I'd consider that a very winnable tournament game for a very tournament-veteran Jackrabbit team.

(A guy can dream . . . dream of 3 (or more) NCAA tournament shares for the conference . . . it's a dream I have . . .)
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  The Jacks were picked in the pre-season to be #3 for the men and #1 for the women, if I recall correctly, and that's where SDSU wound up. The only difference from the pre-season picks was that it was Ft. Wayne, not Denver, in the #2 spot for the men.

Best case scenario for me on the Men's side is that the Jacks upset the Bison in the finals, and then the Bison make the NCAA tournament anyway as an at-large, giving the SL two teams in the tournament. In that scenario, I wouldn't even mind playing the play-in game in Dayton; I'd consider that a very winnable tournament game for a very tournament-veteran Jackrabbit team.

(A guy can dream . . . dream of 3 (or more) NCAA tournament shares for the conference . . . it's a dream I have . . .)
                  Don't wake up....figuratively of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    That's what we get for hoping another team would help us out. All uno had to do was not screw it up to beat fw and they sure managed away. Just another reason for me to dislike omaha. The mavs are almost to me what ipfw is to filbert.

Let's face it aside from getting top 2 seeds playing western the first round is not bad at all. We usually play them pretty well even though they are close games we just usually have enough good offense to win yet play them pretty solid on D.
                    Oh, Omaha is definitely to me what IPFW is to filbert.

If WIU could shoot FT's they'd be scary. Their poor shooting at the charity stripe has cost them A LOT of games the last few years.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

If we beat the coyote women today, we will play the winner of Western Ill/USD. If we lose today, we play the winner of Western Ill/IPFW

Comment

Mens Final Regular Season RPI Womens Final Regular Season RPI
                        43 NDSU 42 SDSU
                        123 IPFW 109 IUPUI
                        137 SDSU 159 USD
                        141 Denver 183 IPFW
                        200 UNO 251 WIU
                        246 USD 298 Denver
                        293 WIU 319 NDSU
                        322 IUPUI 324 UNO

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          Mens Final Regular Season RPI Womens Final Regular Season RPI
                          43 NDSU 42 SDSU
                          123 IPFW 109 IUPUI
                          137 SDSU 159 USD
                          141 Denver 183 IPFW
                          200 UNO 251 WIU
                          246 USD 298 Denver
                          293 WIU 319 NDSU
                          322 IUPUI 324 UNO
                          Impressive show by our women. I was pretty hard on them earlier about their schedule, but they have done a lot better than I thought they were going to do. Kudos to the ladies.

Any chance they get an at-large if they get upset in the Summit tourney? I gotta think they are at least in the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Impressive show by our women. I was pretty hard on them earlier about their schedule, but they have done a lot better than I thought they were going to do. Kudos to the ladies.

Any chance they get an at-large if they get upset in the Summit tourney? I gotta think they are at least in the conversation.

no. no way. no conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I'd say the chances of that are slim to none. If IUPUI had a RPI below 100 and we lost to the in the championship game, then maybe. There can't be any upsets that take at-large bids away. At least the women can go the NIT if they do get upset in sioux falls. They could make a pretty good run in the NIT if that does have imo. On the men's side, if they don't win the tournament, i hope they get a call for the CBI tourney or some other post-season tournament. I want at least 2 more wins so they can get to 20 wins on the season.

Comment

I'm thinking IUPUI women will go all out this year for the tournament crown more than anyone else because they lose four starters and will be a little down next yr.This will be their best chance,kind of like UMKC was when we played them in the Championship game two yrs ago.I think both our games will be super tough this year,w/o an easy game to work out the kinks,we have to hit the ground running,and play like we did against USD,only twice.I think we have the team to do it,but it won't be easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X