The Summit League season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Summit League season

USD 33-23 lead over IPFW. Yotes play D and the dome is a crappy back drop for shooters. James has got his boys playing with passion and confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      USD 33-23 lead over IPFW. Yotes play D and the dome is a crappy back drop for shooters. James has got his boys playing with passion and confidence.

We'll see what happens when they have to go on the road next week. They start with 5 of 7 at home. Which of course means they finish with 5 of 7 on the road.

Comment

I suspect it won't be pretty but if they being the defensive intensity they have thus far they will be in games at the end.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Coyotes destroying IPFW up 22.

Comment

Yotes up 11. 3 mins left.

Comment

There are only four games tonight (2 men, 2 women). It will be nice to add ORU to the mix next year to keep things moving.

On the men's side USD goes on the road for the first time. They have only won a single road game all year (against a bad TX State team). Tonight they get a WIU team (7-2 at home) coming off of two losses. Denver travels to Omaha where they risk suffering a third loss early in the season. The Denver/Omaha game is on Midco.

The USD women are already in a hole that will get deeper quickly if they don't beat 1-2 WIU tonight in Vermillion.

Comment

I am hoping that there is another team that will join with ORU next season. 10 teams will trim some of the OOC and give us a longer conference season.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  The USD women are already in a hole that will get deeper quickly if they don't beat 1-2 WIU tonight in Vermillion.
                  Nicole Seekamp is expected to be out for a few weeks with that ankle injury. Sounds like she rushed back too quickly and aggravated it even more. Will be interesting to see how they match up against a decent WIU team.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                    Nicole Seekamp is expected to be out for a few weeks with that ankle injury. Sounds like she rushed back too quickly and aggravated it even more. Will be interesting to see how they match up against a decent WIU team.

This might turn into a bad situation for the # 2 seed in the first Rd Summit Tournament(#2 seed vs #7 seed),if the Yotes end up last place,but by the time the Tournament rolls around,they have Seakamp and the whole team tuned up and playing well.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-23-2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

True, they could end up being better than thier seed in Sioux Falls. I don't think USD will end up with #7 because the Dakota Dome is so quirky. They are bound to win several games there and have already completed what is probably the toughest road trip (IUPUI/IPFW). Reports are that Seekamp will be out "several weeks" (mid-February?). I wonder if she will be able to get back up to speed for back-to-back games by tournament time.

Comment

It is too bad that Seekamp is injured. Last year Braun had a rough time for NDSU. He did come back a long ways, but I thought he was still off a bit at tournament time. Seekamp should have been the team leader on the floor with her ability. It will be difficult to expect her to be in top form if she sits out a few more weeks of the season since a foot injury will limit her conditioning. The yotes will definitely miss her game until mid-Februeary.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Halftime WIU women41 USD women29
                          halftime WIU men 33 USD men 21

Comment

VERY impressive 1st half by Denver at Omaha. The Pioneers are leading 44-32.

*This game can been seen on Midco

Comment

The Summit League season

Denver (M) looked good in the first half at Omaha. Lead by 12. They could get a nice win tonight.

USD men are down 33-21 at half.

EDIT. man you guys are quick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Final: Denver 74 UNO 60

Comment

Working...
                                X