Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU Schedule Released

http://gobison.com/schedule.aspx?pat...&tab=schedule2

They play 3 high quality programs in St. Marys, The Ohio State, and Notre Dame. Other than those 3 teams no one else on their schedule really impresses me. Forgot about Southern Miss. They are a pretty solid mid-major. #1 seed in the NIT last season

Re: NDSU Schedule Released

Wow tough love for a great schedule, wish we could get one more solid home game but you all know how hard it is to get teams to come play us at home.

You noted the big three and Southern Miss. Unfortunately we lost Minnesota because they chose not to play us this year, very disappointing but it is what it is. Other solid games:

Western Michigan: Finished 22-13 last year in the MAC. Postseason CBI.

Santa Clara: Finished 26-12 last year in the West Coast. Postseason CBI. They won the tournament.

Bryant: Another 20 win team from last season. Postseason CBI.

Delaware and Towson both won 18+ games and finished 2nd and 3rd in the CAA.

North Dakota should also be pretty solid this year,

Only 3 teams on our non-conference schedule this year had losing records last year (only counting D1 teams). While yes its a new year and some teams may or may not have lost a lot, its still a pretty solid schedule. Just again wish the home schedule was a bit stronger. Easily the toughest schedule we have put together since becoming D1.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
      Wow tough love for a great schedule, wish we could get one more solid home game but you all know how hard it is to get teams to come play us at home.

You noted the big three and Southern Miss. Unfortunately we lost Minnesota because they chose not to play us this year, very disappointing but it is what it is. Other solid games:

Western Michigan: Finished 22-13 last year in the MAC. Postseason CBI.

Santa Clara: Finished 26-12 last year in the West Coast. Postseason CBI. They won the tournament.

Bryant: Another 20 win team from last season. Postseason CBI.

Delaware and Towson both won 18+ games and finished 2nd and 3rd in the CAA.

North Dakota should also be pretty solid this year,

Only 3 teams on our non-conference schedule this year had losing records last year (only counting D1 teams). While yes its a new year and some teams may or may not have lost a lot, its still a pretty solid schedule. Just again wish the home schedule was a bit stronger. Easily the toughest schedule we have put together since becoming D1.
      Was that game scheduled and cancelled when the new regime took over or was it never booked?

Anyway, i agree it's a pretty good schedule. I like your home slate much more that ours.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
        Was that game scheduled and cancelled when the new regime took over or was it never booked?

Anyway, i agree it's a pretty good schedule. I like your home slate much more that ours.

Not totally for sure what happened. Initially Pitino came out and said that the Gophers would play both NDSU and SDSU. I think the contract was up this season and for what ever reason was not renewed. Not sure if it was date issues or what.

Comment

Working...
        X