Denver U Mascot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver U Mascot?

When we attended the women's basketball games in Boulder, there was much talk about the gun control and the harmless behavior of pot smokers. The rolling bongs or tokers express would find more support. Things are not politically correct there as much as a hub of changing ideals and behavior traits. A person may want to take a couple of semesters of some sociology course to adapt smoothly and quietly into the Rocky Mountains.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Well, I knew this was going to run off the tracks - so in keeping with the spirit of the legalized marijuana 'theme', it only makes sense.

The Denver Omelet.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
        The Fighting Zebs has a certain ring to it. But, Pike would not be appropriate because he could be perceived as a symbol of Manifest Destiny which may be offensive to the Hispanic Community. Just sayin'.
        No, see, we've got it easy as our *nickname*--the Jackrabbits, is closely aligned with our *mascot*, which is a Jackrabbit (or, more correctly a guy in a Jackrabbit costume).

If you have the misfortune to be a team that is not named after an abstract concept (i.e. "Vikings", "Chargers", "Irish", "Thunder", "Skyforce", "Heat", "Cowboys", or in this case, "Pioneers"), then you need a whole other mascot. Usually with a backstory of some sort.

Zebulon Pike would be the *mascot* of the University of Denver Pioneers.

Comment

IMHO, the only way out of this spot is to change nickname to something that will offend no one. Small furry animals tend to be inoffensive. And, selecting one that is endangered can be seen as aiding efforts for preservation. With that in mind, I suggest Prairie Dogs would be an excellent choice. They are inoffensive, to city dwellers. They are native to eastern CO, the Denver area. And, they would be completely unique. Nearly as unique as Banana Slugs and Fighting Artichokes.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Since the majestic American bald eagles soar in the Rocky Mountains, I would suggest that they call themselves the Denver Young Eagles...or just Eaglets (young since it is a new name and because not being bald seems more appropriate for college athletes...assuming they...Eagles that is...are not born bald!)

Comment

I still like the john denvers. Or just blow it up and the fighting mongooses or dare go out on a limby and pick the honey badgers. Students could find away to have fun with that one.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                I still like the john denvers. Or just blow it up and the fighting mongooses or dare go out on a limby and pick the honey badgers. Students could find away to have fun with that one.
                Or the Denver johns....

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  Or the Denver johns....
                  Or is that sexist?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                  X