Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Basketball Post-season

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Denver has only one senior, but he is a starting guard. Averages 9.6 pts and 2 assists. All of us prairie teams get to go play in their high-elevation arena too. They will definitely be a major factor in the conference race.
    Yes but they will be the new lone wolf when it comes to scheduling. They play two games in one week vs conference foes while their opponents only play one. UNO gets to be USD's new travel partner...I'm sure they are happy to be out of that arrangement. Nine team leagues create some issues.

Comment

They run a Princeton offense, which has some benefits but generally allows teams to stay close, and its kinda like a matchup zone, where you don't see it a ton, but the more you see it, the easier it is to defend. The Princeton offense is a slow offense so playing at elevation shouldn't be a huge problem.

I hate making projections too early, because you don't know about transfers (both in and out), red-shirts, recruits, injuries and development of underclassmen. But I'd put them top 3, and probably with information at hand the favorite for the league next year. But I don't think they will walk away with it by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Heh. Some Bisonvillers really need to stay away from Bisonville after losses. That is all I will say about that.
        It's always entertaining reading when they start eating their young over there.

Comment

Now that we're in the post-season, I'm personally counting Denver as a Summit League school. Haven't gotten around to making the change on the front page yet, though. (Can't hardly wait to delete UMKC and replace them with Denver. I'm really looking forward to that, in a way that's borderline indecent.)
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            It's always entertaining reading when they start eating their young over there.
            ...and when one starts to call Nate, "Natalie". That is when you just gotta shake your head.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              ...and when one starts to call Nate, "Natalie". That is when you just gotta shake your head.
              That pretty much cinches for me that the poster is *NDSUFanWhoIsAnInternetTrollWhoShallNotBeNamed* (or NFWHIAITWSHNBN, N-WHSNBN for short).

Or someone similarly in need of professional help.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                I happened to look at game comments at ESPN and that one suddenly has some serious "buttfootball" issues in every post after the L.

Enough about him.....about Filbert's delight in replacing UMKC on the splash page with Denver....it'll be nice since I bet they even have a fan forum you can link!
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Only that person could hate on Nate and have some kind of bizarre love affair with Dejuan Flowers...a guy who was kicked off the team in disgrace.

That said go out and bust some brackets Rabbits...the Summit is way overdue for something good happening in postseason.

Comment

I happened to look at game comments at ESPN and that one suddenly has some serious "buttfootball" issues in every post after the L.

Enough about him.....about Filbert's delight in replacing UMKC on the splash page with Denver....it'll be nice since I bet they even have a fan forum you can link!
                    Not only a fan forum, but a world-class blogger following them. I'm serious about that. World-class. A guy by the name of Brendan Loy. World-class blogger.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                      Only that person could hate on Nate and have some kind of bizarre love affair with Dejuan Flowers...a guy who was kicked off the team in disgrace.

That said go out and bust some brackets Rabbits...the Summit is way overdue for something good happening in postseason.
                      "marsh mellow Bjorklund" literally made me snort and laugh out loud.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        Denver has only one senior, but he is a starting guard. Averages 9.6 pts and 2 assists. All of us prairie teams get to go play in their high-elevation arena too. They will definitely be a major factor in the conference race.
                        I'm not sure the elevation will be much of a factor for Denver. We're only talking 5,200 feet and DU does not play an up tempo style. Cedar City was higher and I don't recall it being an issue when we were still playing SUU.

Unless a game is played at over 7,000 to 7,500 altitude only works if it is used by the home team. Think Denver Nuggets back in the 80s.

I also think DU will be a huge factor in the conference next year. I'm just not sure how mentally capable they are or what type of leadership they have. How do you lose to Texas State in the WAC first round?

Comment

"marsh mellow Bjorklund" literally made me snort and laugh out loud.
                          A number of "fans" over there are really down on Taylor Braun. If they want to ship him out , I'm sure there are a number of places that would welcome him for his last season of eligibility.

Comment

A number of "fans" over there are really down on Taylor Braun. If they want to ship him out , I'm sure there are a number of places that would welcome him for his last season of eligibility.
                            I don't get it. The guy kept the Bison in the game vs. the Jacks in the Summit Tourney by himself. Without him, State wins by 20+. He's a stud.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Like I said it is embarrassing over there right now. That said the same people that harp on Saul and the basketball team also wanted Bohl fired in 2009. I could rant about it all day but I won't.

Taylor Braun is the least of our problems. The guy breaks his foot and comes back like he does...it takes a truly pathetic fan to rip him like some are over there.

Comment

Including SDSU. He would still be close enough to visit his relatives in Fargo. If I could legally do it, I lend him my car and a tank full of gas.

Comment

Working...
                                X