Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Tournament Expansion?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=1

I couldn't help but notice there are several leagues with 10 or more members who have play in games and don't limit their tournament to 8 teams. In fact, it sort of looks like the norm.

The Missouri Valley has 4 teams playing on 3/7, 8 playing on 3/8, 4 on 3/9, and the championship on 3/10.

With attendance numbers as strong as ever, would/could the Summit introduce a play in round to get all the teams into the tournament, add 2 sessions, and generate a ton more revenue? The mens and women's tournaments could still be played over 4 days by utilizing both courts at the Arena complex.

*Check out the Mid-American conference tournament setup. #1 and #2 seeds are automatically in the semi finals... an interesting way to do a tournament. It would give the 4 best teams the best chance of getting to the NCAAs, in theory improving the league's chance for winning a game...
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Re: Summit Tournament Expansion?

In a year with 9 teams you could give the #1 seed a bye into round 2 as well. Many ways to do it and with the way the attendance is, why not!?

Comment

Working...
    X