Parking option for 2013 Summit League Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking option for 2013 Summit League Tourney

Parking is going to be an issue, much more so than previous years. A large number of spots to the south and west of the arena are gone. Start making plans accordingly.

Courtesy of UWMand SDSUfan

From SFSA FACEBOOK PAGE. "Wondering where you can park during the 2013 Summit League tournament? Wonder no more! Shuttles will also be available from Elmwood Golf Course and McCart Field on Saturday and Sunday."

Parking map: http://sfsportsauthority.org/wp-cont...od-Parking.pdf
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Parking option for 2013 Summit League Tourney

My plans would be to arrive early. There will still be many parking spots that are normally there. Hopefully there is not a lot of snow this week which will make the parking lots bigger right away.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

So where will the scalpers be? Seriously, I need to find some scalpers with all tourney passes.

Do scalpers even exist in SD?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
        So where will the scalpers be? Seriously, I need to find some scalpers with all tourney passes.

Do scalpers even exist in SD?
        When I have sold my tickets (for face value or less) I have done it right in the hallway of the event center as people are entering the facility. I usual stand right by the box office windows. I do not know if scalping is legal in SD or not. Anyone on the board have insight into that?

I doubt anybody will be selling all session passes at the door. Your best bet for tickets is to find the people cheering for a team that gets beat Saturday or Sunday and buy the remainder of their tickets. In other words, hope USD loses and that their fans have not intention to attend additional games.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          When I have sold my tickets (for face value or less) I have done it right in the hallway of the event center as people are entering the facility. I usual stand right by the box office windows. I do not know if scalping is legal in SD or not. Anyone on the board have insight into that?

I doubt anybody will be selling all session passes at the door. Your best bet for tickets is to find the people cheering for a team that gets beat Saturday or Sunday and buy the remainder of their tickets. In other words, hope USD loses and that their fans have not intention to attend additional games.
          Scalping is, I think, defined as re-selling event tickets for more than the face value. If you're selling them at cost or at a loss, I don't think it's scalping. (Disclaimer: not a lawyer.)
          You could however be chased off the premises or even charged with trespass by a security person or cop in a particularly bad mood for selling tickets on Arena/Convention Center property. So caution and discretion is (as always) advisable.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Scalping is, I think, defined as re-selling event tickets for more than the face value. If you're selling them at cost or at a loss, I don't think it's scalping. (Disclaimer: not a lawyer.)
            You could however be chased off the premises or even charged with trespass by a security person or cop in a particularly bad mood for selling tickets on Arena/Convention Center property. So caution and discretion is (as always) advisable.
            Agree 100%. I did not hold up a sign or tickets I simple approached people that were clearly interested in buying tickets and asked if they wanted to buy floor seats for face value. I don't think one person turned me down. None of the arena personal said or word or seemed the least bit concerned.

These were not my tickets. I was doing it as a service to others in my group that could not use the tickets and that wanted someone else to have those seats if they were interested. Asking face value for something you paid for seems very reasonable to me.

Comment

http://www.ksfy.com/story/21540982/g...all-tournament

Comment

Working...
              X