2014 Summit tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Summit tourney

Count me in as surprised as well. Section B, Row 5 - baseline seats. My wife was online (with me stressing her out on the phone) the minute they went on sale and passed on 5 or 6 other "best available" sets of four before realizing that nothing was going to show up in the middle sections. I think we were lucky to get the seats we did.

What a change from a couple of years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Count me in as surprised as well. Section B, Row 5 - baseline seats. My wife was online (with me stressing her out on the phone) the minute they went on sale and passed on 5 or 6 other "best available" sets of four before realizing that nothing was going to show up in the middle sections. I think we were lucky to get the seats we did.

What a change from a couple of years ago!

Ive always had seats in the middle so when B came up for me i was surprised. I was at work and in a hurry so thats what i took. Guess i wouldnt have gotten better ones anyway.

Comment

Picked up my 2 seats in section R row 11 at about 3 PM. Only one group in front of me and a couple more behind me when I left. In and out in 10 minutes.

Comment

Saw the KELO news story about the lines for buying tickets at the Arena. No line at Lewis in Brookings to buy mine and they let you pick to find the best seat.

Comment

I think they must have changed how they designate all session passes, last couple years we were allways in the middle sections whenever we got tickets which were usally when they went on sale we jumped on board.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
              Saw the KELO news story about the lines for buying tickets at the Arena. No line at Lewis in Brookings to buy mine and they let you pick to find the best seat.
              I was just thinking that too that if buying at a lewis in SF would have let you had more freedom to pick your seats.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

On the ground here in Sioux Falls, hearing rumors that next year's tournament is already close to sold out.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me, went to ticketmasters just to see what was available as best choice and it was like Section A row 14

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I was just thinking that too that if buying at a lewis in SF would have let you had more freedom to pick your seats.
                    yes.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Stopped at Arena about 2:30 picked up seats in section D row 20. Next best option was in section N row 20. The lady at the ticket window told me that the best seats were picked up early by the schools. I asked which schools and she replied, "all of them."
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        Stopped at Arena about 2:30 picked up seats in section D row 20. Next best option was in section N row 20. The lady at the ticket window told me that the best seats were picked up early by the schools. I asked which schools and she replied, "all of them."
                        We bought tickets about 1ish they said best available section D for 4 seats was row 21. She said it should be an sdsu section though.

Comment

Need a bigger house for this event. Don't know that the new facility will be big enough.
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                            Need a bigger house for this event. Don't know that the new facility will be big enough.
                            Just need to allow open seating so fans are intermixed and not segregated. So its fair for all fans who go to buy tickets all seats are fair game. Atleast with the new arena it should help. Just hope they don't give all the prime seats to corporate sponsors.

Comment

Here's what you do, if you're the Summit League:

You set aside X tickets for corporate sponsors. Those can be the bestest, most wonderful seats in the house. We all know that's how the world works.

You then set aside Y tickets for the general public. Those should, for general marketing purposes, be the next-best seats. If you wanna stand in line for those tickets, go for it.

Then, you divide up the rest of the house, allocating equal numbers of seats to all the conference members, and have the individual schools allocate those tickets by whatever method seems best to each individual school.

All three of these sets of tickets go on sale at the same time. Or, alternatively, you wait a while to begin sales to the general public--this might make more sense.

Then, two weeks before the tournament, the schools must send back any unsold seats in their allocation to the conference, which then sells the remainder to the general public. With luck, the conference gets a second shot of good P.R. of news stories of crazed fans lining up to buy "the remaining tickets."
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

So then we have an outline of how they won't do it at the new arena

Comment

Working...
                                X