Taylor Braun--NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Braun--NDSU

Various reports (bisonville, media outlets) have Taylor Braun with broken bone(s) in his foot.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: Taylor Braun--NDSU

Out 4-6 weeks...

Jeff Kolpack ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER
    Bison forward Taylor Braun out 4 to 6 weeks with broken bone in his foot. NDSU coach Saul Phillips hopes to have him back for Summit tourney

Comment

You wonder how much impact one player being out 4 to 6 weeks will have on NDSU's record, but in this case it seems big, but with the crew that Phillips has, they seem to have ways to improvise. Marshall Bjorkland going 10 for 10 instead of 7 for 7 from the field plus others setting up. I think the Jacks will still have a very tough game on Jan 26th.

Comment

News has come out that he injured and broke his foot by landing on the camera man foot....damn that sucks.

I think we will still be very tough, we are going to miss Braun a ton, his leadership and veteran presence was big, he was one of our main ball handlers so we are very thin in that department. He is slated to be back in 4-6 weeks and hopefully its 4. We should have him for the summit league tournament.

Comment

If I read the Bizun schedule correctly, out 4 weeks and he misses 7 league games; 5 on the road, IUPUI, W Ill, the Jacks, OU & Ft. Wayne and 2 home games, Kansas City and usd.

Out 5 weeks, add W Ill and IUPUI at home.

Out 6 weeks, Bracket Busters.

Tourney in 8 weeks. Could be tough to hold on to one of the top two seeds.

Comment

I think it depends on how good he is when he comes back. Nate was gimpy with a sprained ankle and affected his play noticeably. If he can play or condition very well would be limited minutes and or rather rusty I would imagine for at least a few game. Glad he isn't out the whole year.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It's going to be hard for him to maintain any kind of conditioning with that type of injury. Even if he can ride a bike at some point,that's not anything similiar to game conditions. You would think his minutes will be limited for awhile when he does return.

Comment

Re: Taylor Braun out 4-6 weeks
                Listening to Saul on Bison Feedback right now and Braun has a Jones Fracture in his foot and is going to need to surgery to put a rod in his foot to promote healing. Sounds like the most realistic timetable has him back for the last game of season.

From the bison site
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Braun is officially back...

NDSU forward Taylor Braun cleared to practice tonight.
                  https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/...99136137162752

Comment

I broke my foot about a year ago. I had pain in it for six months after that and I consider myself to be pretty active. I assume Braun will have the same, but will undoubtedly play through it. The one concern NDSU probably has is getting him back into game shape. I expect he will receive limited minutes at UNO as they try to ramp him back up.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Sounds like he may play tomorrow vs Utah Valley depending on how he looks at practice today.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        Sounds like he may play tomorrow vs Utah Valley depending on how he looks at practice today.
                        That would be an ideal game to start bringing him back.

Comment

I hope it works out well for Braun (except, of course, if NDSU and SDSU meet again this season). If his foot doesn't give him any trouble, he may be a real catalyst for NDSU.

Comment

Braun is playing tonight but the Bison are still struggling against 13-15 Utah Valley in Fargo. I did not see that coming. 57-52 Bison with 5:00 left.

Comment

Braun has 18 minutes in game against Utah Valley.. It does not appear many of those are in second half as bison lead 59-52 with less than 4 to go.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X