Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Not possible. The brackets are set (http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...pionship/index). SDSU can only play the winner of the #4/#5 game in the semi's.
    The Bison can end up as the 4 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      Why? It doesn't matter. Jacks are the regular season champs/#1 seed. Either way, Jacks aren't playing WIU, NDSU or USD until the championship game.
      If WIU wins on Saturday, the Jacks and WIU will be conference co-champs, I believe. The tie-breaker the Jacks have over WIU will make the Jacks the No. 1 seed in the tourney, but the two teams will have to share the conference championship. So it matters a little.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Damn. I keep forgetting that the Bison could still tie OU! My bad. I had them rising up to #2 just an hour ago (while KC was throttling WIU!). Yes, it is then possible to play NDSU in the semi-finals.

Who would we rather see on Monday night, NDSU or OU? Tough call. Give me NDSU.

Comment

Damn. I keep forgetting that the Bison could still tie OU! My bad. I had them rising up to #2 just an hour ago (while KC was throttling WIU!). Yes, it is then possible to play NDSU in the semi-finals.

Who would we rather see on Monday night, NDSU or OU? Tough call. Give me NDSU.
          I'm not sure it makes a whole lot of difference, NDSU or Oakland. You have to beat the team you're playing, no matter who it is. (Oral Roberts last year, anyone?)

There might be a certain karma you earn by going through 7-4-2 rather than, say, 7-6-4 like we did last year.

I'm OK with truly earning it.

Bring 'em on.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The side note is the women's side It appears there is little chance for change in the order of SDSU, IUPUI, usd, Ft Wayne, WIU, NDSU, Kansas City, and Oakland. If there was a higher chance of the Jacks playing a yote team, the women would be a higher percentage wager. It certainly is time for the Summit at the Falls!
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Lots of fun for seeding today on men's side. Yotes can keep the 6 seed with a win at Western today. That would tentatively pit them against the bison or grizz depending on the results of those 2 games. A loss today would create a rematch with the Leathernecks unless the Roos lose to IUPUI. It would be entertaining to have IUPUI give the Roos a loss as the Roos wind up the conference membership. SDSU #1-WIU #2- IPFW #5 & IUPUI #8 appear to be solid in the seed lineup. The Roos have tiebreaker with USD and Oakland has the tiebreaker with the Bison.
              The women have a couple of possible changes with the 5,6, & 7 seeds involving WIU, NDSU, & UMKC. It appears the Roos have advantage should there be 3 way tie. The Roos play at Omaha where the Mavs could give the Roos a conference season ending loss and #7 seed locked for UMKC.

It is nearly time for the regular season conference thread to close.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Taylor Braun has 17 points with 9 to go at Omaha. Bison by 24.

Comment

WIU women to beat Oakland and Omaha beats UMKC. The seeds will remain the same. The Roos will be #7 and leathernecks should be #5.

Comment

NDSU men took care of business at Omaha, wrapping up the #3 seed in the process. They will play Sunday night against USD or KC (depending on what happens tonight). I suppose I'd rather see them face USD. NDSU absolutely demolished USD twice this year, but if there is a team that could show up and shoot out of their minds for one game, it might be USD. They would probably have a bit of a "home court" crowd too - I think.

IPFW is leading Oakland in the first half. Another IPFW win today would sure shake OU's confidence going into the Tourney. SDSU will face one of these two teams on Sunday in the tourney.

Comment

Oakland men 43-38 over the Mastodons at half. No threes for Bader in first half.

Comment

NDSU men took care of business at Omaha, wrapping up the #3 seed in the process. They will play Sunday night against USD or KC (depending on what happens tonight). I suppose I'd rather see them face USD. NDSU absolutely demolished USD twice this year, but if there is a team that could show up and shoot out of their minds for one game, it might be USD. They would probably have a bit of a "home court" crowd too - I think.

IPFW is leading Oakland in the first half. Another IPFW win today would sure shake OU's confidence going into the Tourney. SDSU will face one of these two teams on Sunday in the tourney.
                        Good - Now if the Jacks play the Bison , it will be their 3rd game in 3 days - will be tough for Braun to handle that. And if things go true to form , WIU and NDSU can beat the crap out of each other in the late game on Monday night.

Comment

Braun looked very good, sounds like he will be very close to 100% for the Summit tournament. Sanford health did a great job in getting back so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Good - Now if the Jacks play the Bison , it will be their 3rd game in 3 days - will be tough for Braun to handle that. And if things go true to form , WIU and NDSU can beat the crap out of each other in the late game on Monday night.
                            Without Parks, I'm not sure how much of a fight the Necks will be able to put up against the Bison with Braun.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

You mean SDSU will watch those two teams on Sunday.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

IPFW over Oakland 74-72. Teams will play again next Sunday.

IUPUI up 13-12 on UMKC. If I were UMKC I would want to lose that game and play WIU in the tournament rather than NDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X