Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Gonna be tough for Oakland either way in Sioux Falls. They are 6-13 on the road. And playing SDSU in the semi's would be like a road game with 6,000+ in favor of the Jacks. Definitely a different team on the road. Tonight was a huge loss for them because I think they'd rather face Western in the semi's, if they make it, rather than the Jacks.
    I do not think we will have the luxury of 6000 Jacks fans in the arena. I believe it will be at best a 60/ 40 split at best if we make it to the semi finals. If NDSU and/ or USD win first round games, them and every other team in the conference will be cheering against us.
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
      I do not think we will have the luxury of 6000 Jacks fans in the arena. I believe it will be at best a 60/ 40 split
      Ummmm....no.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Thank god the tourney is in SF since we basically have 1 guy that shows up for road games. Maybe tap the brakes on talking about a #1 vs #4 matchup in the semis for us...we gotta find a way to win in Omaha first.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Thank god the tourney is in SF since we basically have 1 guy that shows up for road games. Maybe tap the brakes on talking about a #1 vs #4 matchup in the semis for us...we gotta find a way to win in Omaha first.
          I agree. Everyone is assuming we are going to win in Omaha. We could still end up #2 seed playing USD in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            I agree. Everyone is assuming we are going to win in Omaha. We could still end up #2 seed playing USD in the first round.
            Last night should be a very clear reminder that this is possible. Omaha would beat us easily if we play like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Last night should be a very clear reminder that this is possible. Omaha would beat us easily if we play like that.
              I would agree. Our guys got some time to think about last night, unless Wolters spends his time online doing his classroom work. Maybe he should, its toward the end of the season and BB has to be getting to be very tiresome, I think they need a break.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                Gonna be tough for Oakland either way in Sioux Falls. They are 6-13 on the road. And playing SDSU in the semi's would be like a road game with 6,000+ in favor of the Jacks. Definitely a different team on the road. Tonight was a huge loss for them because I think they'd rather face Western in the semi's, if they make it, rather than the Jacks.
                You may have a point about Oakland, but I am also worried about SDSU. Yellow and blue are the only colors that matter right now, besides Oakland has crappy colors and Coach Kempes lime colored sneakers add nothing to the picture in my way of thinking.

Comment

Women season continues tonight with 3 games. Senior night for the Jacks against mavs and keep a grip on #1 seed. IUPUI has a defining game against the yotes in dome. Western says farewell to Swinney Gym in KC.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

OU will have the easy prep here for awhile. They play Ft Wayne 3 games in a short time. Jackrabbits will have the road games in Kentucky and Omaha. It is time for a rebound for the Jacks. It may have influence on the projected seed, but that is a secondary concern to winning the game at Omaha. As demonstrated in recent years, 14 and 15 seeds can provide "upsets" on a normal basis. Go Jacks!
                    Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    You may have a point about Oakland, but I am also worried about SDSU. Yellow and blue are the only colors that matter right now, besides Oakland has crappy colors and Coach Kempes lime colored sneakers add nothing to the picture in my way of thinking.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The first bracketbuster tonight with the bison taking on the Akron Zips. Hopefully the bison are ready to play their defense and give the Summit some good press.
                      Last edited by OldHare; 02-22-2013, 10:49 AM.

Comment

UNO 83 North Dakota 75 FINAL

The school up in GF is 3-13 vs the Summit League since going DI.

Comment

That is a nice win for Omaha

Comment

After seeing the UNO v. UND score, I made a quick trip to UND's fan message board. One poster commented the Summit League owns UND.

Can we sell them now?

Comment

Watched USD vs Western ILL womens teams on midco TV yesterday.It was one of the most intensely fought and intriguing games I've watched all year.Lots of ball pressure out on the floor for both teams,as soon as they caught the ball , someone was on them instantly,lots of times the ball was stolen first,not only that, everyone else was guarded,really intensely fought game.It's a shame someone had to lose.I have a feeling this years Summit tournament will be one of the the most evenly matched tournaments we will have seen in awhile.

Comment

USD up at the half in their Bracketbuster game at Montana State, 36-29.

To conference mates: Go Yotes!
                                To the Big Sky's representative: Suck eggs! Any chance Montana State will buy its way out of the second half? I suppose not -- it's a home game.

Comment

Working...
                                X