Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIU at USD

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    The crowd was SPARSE. Is sparse Swedish for crappy? And quiet. Was a great game. Had our chances to win but didn't.
    USD impressed me last night. WIU gave them every reason to go away quietly and the coyotes did not. Gruis did not have a great game, credit to WIU's big guys despite their foul trouble, and the coyotes didn't shoot that well, especially early. They hung in there and should have went to OT with the runner up from last years tourney, would have been a huge win.

I was impressed by several players but most by the JC Rowson. He had a huge 2nd half and kept them in the game the last 10 mins. Good showing by the coyote players, they deserve a better crowd in attendance.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think one of the benefits of having the Summit Tourney in Sioux Falls is increasing the SDSU attendance in the regular season. The casual Sioux Falls fan may attend a Summit League Tourney game and see Oakland vs. IPFW and see an entertaining game and may want to watch an SDSU vs. Oakland game the following year. The Summit Tourney exposes outlying teams and will create interest to attend a State game. The same will happen with USD over time. Of course having a good team will increase attendance more, but I think there are more benefits of having the Summit League Tourney in SF for SDSU than just the tourney itself. USD can benefit in regular season attendance also.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I do recall the men's game on doubleheaders as less fans in the seats following the women. One could see an exodus of fans between games. There were games when a good defense would force many long shots by the SDSU men at the end of the 35 sec clock. Congrats to the SDSU coaching staff on the level they have accomplished thus far.
        Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        To be fair, Frost wasn't packed to the rafters during out first few years either...fans come with winning, that is just how it goes.

the u really needs to get that new basketball facility built. The dome is a terrible place to watch basketball...
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          USD impressed me last night. WIU gave them every reason to go away quietly and the coyotes did not. Gruis did not have a great game, credit to WIU's big guys despite their foul trouble, and the coyotes didn't shoot that well, especially early. They hung in there and should have went to OT with the runner up from last years tourney, would have been a huge win.I was impressed by several players but most by the JC Rowson. He had a huge 2nd half and kept them in the game the last 10 mins. Good showing by the coyote players, they deserve a better crowd in attendance.
          Well said

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            With 2:48 to go, WIU 59, USD 51.
            As we know, an eight-point deficit to WIU is trouble.
            USD looking okay. The USD freshman, Kasperbauer (Carroll, IA) is a player. Another freshman, Flack (Lakeville, MN) has a lot of potential too.

Now, 1:35 to go, WIU 63, USD 54

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            USD hits a three to tie it at 71 with 5.8 seconds left. WIU inbounds, takes it down the court and Ceola Clark drives and shoots from about five feet out, underhand runner, and it enters the basket as the buzzer sounds. WIU 74, USD 71. Tough loss for the Yotes. Pretty exciting finish for one who didn't have a dog in the fight.
            So am I reading this right? The two teams scored 28 pts between themselves (11 for WIU and 17 for USD) in a minute and half? Holy moly.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
            X