• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver to Summit?

I found this, for what it is worth:

http://denverpioneers.proboards.com/index.cgi

It is less active than the USD board.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...|topnews|text|

Comment

http://milehighmids.tumblr.com/post/...-summit-league

Comment

You know, I am actually feeling pretty good about the Summit in light of the shuffling going on the last few years.

There are going to be some pretty decent teams/schools left standing when the musical chairs stops. The question is whether they try to hold their shamble of a conference together or the remnants bite the bullet and drop to "lower" conferences. Denver chose to bite the bullet.

I could easily see the "winners" in all of this be the Big Boys and the Little Guys. If you are somewhere in the middle its try to claw your way up or concede to a conference like the Summit. As odd as it seems, the Summit might just be as stable as the MVC in another year or two. Heck, some of their non-football members might even try to get into the Summit if 2-3 football schools try to move up to FBS to claw into the MAC for departures to Conference USA.

Douple seems to be on the right track. The reactive schools/conferences are going to be left with hard decisions at some point.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The Summit is a step up from the "new" WAC, and as a conference the Summit League finished #16 while the Sun Belt - Denver's conference before the WAC - was #20 in RPI last season.

Comment

I would expect Denver to whine about the BB tourney in Sioux Falls. The fans in the Dakotas should be very happy that there was some good business decisions to bring that tourney to town. It is also a big help to the strength of the money available to the conference for this event. Meanwhile the Dakota fans can enjoy a well organized tourney in our backyard. Denver should bring a quality team for the men's basketball. I have not researched the women program beyond attendace.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                I would expect Denver to whine about the BB tourney in Sioux Falls. The fans in the Dakotas should be very happy that there was some good business decisions to bring that tourney to town. It is also a big help to the strength of the money available to the conference for this event. Meanwhile the Dakota fans can enjoy a well organized tourney in our backyard. Denver should bring a quality team for the men's basketball. I have not researched the women program beyond attendace.
                I'd think the eastern schools will whine about SF more than Denver ever will. Denver has never had a conference tournament close to them, it isn't like ORU where the tournament had gone from being in their backyard to in SF every year.

Comment

The WAC today is what the Mid-Con was before SDSU, NDSU, and IPFW joined: in critical condition. Given current conference memberships, DU upgraded their m/w basketball conference significantly. Their fans will realize this next year.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Maybe the Summit and WAC should merge....into the Wackey Summit.

Comment

Today's WAC line-up only has NMSU that hasn't been a GWC or independent prior to that. Idaho is rejoining the Big SKy for olympic (non-football) sport. Don't be surprised if Idaho becomes the first FBS school to return to FCS because they're horrible, and won't succeed in getting FBS home games.

Comment

Did I dream it, or has someone posted that Northern Colorado is joining the WAC? Anyone....anyone......?

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                          Did I dream it, or has someone posted that Northern Colorado is joining the WAC? Anyone....anyone......?
                          For baseball.

Comment

Maybe it was just baseball only? Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                              Maybe it was just baseball only? Sorry.
                              Yes it is, just baseball. Would have been nice to add them to the Summit.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Denver has been on the upswing lately by winning 5 of their last 6. Up to #109 in RPI.

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-bas...enver-pioneers

Comment

Working...
                                X