Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is IPFW playing an NAIA Division II team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is IPFW playing an NAIA Division II team?

IPFW defeats something called Judson College 92-22 tonight. This is an NAIA Division II school. Why?

Re: Why is IPFW playing an NAIA Division II team?

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    IPFW defeats something called Judson College 92-22 tonight. This is an NAIA Division II school. Why?
    SDSU is playing Dakota State a NAIA Div II team this year.

Comment

To get a home game and not have to return the favor or hand out serious cash. It all comes down to filling the schedule for the least amount of money possible.

Comment

I thought the same thing about Creighton tonight playing Longwood. (Until I learned that Longwood is actually a DI transitional team)

Here's hoping that there will be opportunities in the future for some MVC/Summit matchups - as opposed to DSU and Judson College. We can always hope.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
          I thought the same thing about Creighton tonight playing Longwood. (Until I learned that Longwood is actually a DI transitional team)

Here's hoping that there will be opportunities in the future for some MVC/Summit matchups - as opposed to DSU and Judson College. We can always hope.
          From Terry's blog today, SDSU will host the regional 2K Sports tourney next year, giving them 3 home games which could be (or may not be) against decent talent. I think its things like that, and Bracketbusters which help with scheduling. Wouldn't mind to see some type of ESPN bracketbuster concept for early in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            From Terry's blog today, SDSU will host the regional 2K Sports tourney next year, giving them 3 home games which could be (or may not be) against decent talent. I think its things like that, and Bracketbusters which help with scheduling. Wouldn't mind to see some type of ESPN bracketbuster concept for early in the season.
            Agreed - when I lived in RC - I thought it would be great to do a Summit/WAC or west coast conference tourney at Rushmore Civic Center. Get both USD and SDSU, perhaps NDSU involved. Now that I'm in Nebraska, I wouldn't be opposed to doing it in Omaha with MVC.

Comment

It'd be nice to get home and homes like the women get with teams like Washington State and Nebraska. Maybe a couple years of establishing as a mid-major power will help.
              Based on that 92-22 score, my guess is Dakota State would whup on Judson College.

Comment

Especially since the Trojans are 5-1 so far in the regular season.
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Just dont let Judson college play grinnell. that would be ugly.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                  X