Bison Women Holding Try Outs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison Women Holding Try Outs...

I don't like to be the person that pulls from message board to message board, but saw this on Bisonville and, this one just is beyond strange... Did they have a bunch of recruits back out? injuries? What is going on in Fargo?

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205642631

Re: Bison Women Holding Try Outs...

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
    I don't like to be the person that pulls from message board to message board, but saw this on Bisonville and, this one just is beyond strange... Did they have a bunch of recruits back out? injuries? What is going on in Fargo?

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205642631
    We have open tryouts for just about every sport every year. I would assume you guys(and most colleges) do something similar, though I could be wrong. It's just a chance for current students to have an opportunity to earn a spot on the team. Most times the chance is very small, but it's a way to get names in case something does go wrong during the year. WBB is pretty full up right now, but I think I heard soccer could use some bodies for scrimmages.

Here's the full schedule:
    Aug 20 VB
    Aug 21 WSoc
    Aug 24 MGolf
    Aug 28 WBB
    Sep 10 Base/Soft
    Sep 12 M/WT&F

I'm not sure if the sports not listed don't have open tryouts, or if they just weren't publicized like the ones above.

Comment

no worse then us having to use football players. I think some schools do but most I was under the impression it was something to help fill out rosters if they are having a short year or lose some players etc.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

When Mark Eckland was baseball coach there was open tryouts every year....I know....I participated.

Not sure if that is still the case with the new coaches. I don't ever remember hearing about tryouts for the other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          When Mark Eckland was baseball coach there was open tryouts every year....I know....I participated.

Not sure if that is still the case with the new coaches. I don't ever remember hearing about tryouts for the other teams.
          As did I. I know a couple of guys that actually made the team, even if it was temporarily. I remember being timed at 4.7 in the 40. No, it wasn't accurate or at least not reproducible.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            As did I. I know a couple of guys that actually made the team, even if it was temporarily. I remember being timed at 4.7 in the 40. No, it wasn't accurate or at least not reproducible.
            That's funny you remember your 40 time. You sure it was a 90 as in 90 ft? That's what we ran. No idea on the time except the time was probably recorded with a sun dial.

Comment

That's pretty freaking fast, even if the watch was a couple tenths fast.

My friends and I were messing around one night and I (impaired) ran a 5.2. I was impressed with myself, but I am slow.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                That's pretty freaking fast, even if the watch was a couple tenths fast.

My friends and I were messing around one night and I (impaired) ran a 5.2. I was impressed with myself, but I am slow.
                Their is no way he ran that fast. I have seen the good doctor run.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  That's funny you remember your 40 time. You sure it was a 90 as in 90 ft? That's what we ran. No idea on the time except the time was probably recorded with a sun dial.
                  That would make sense. I was there to pitch but they encouraged everyone to participate in all drills. I would have beat UW in a sprint when we were both in our prime. He has remained fit while I am not.

It might have been 40 feet.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

That would make sense. I was there to pitch but they encouraged everyone to participate in all drills. I would have beat UW in a sprint when we were both in our prime. He has remained fit while I am not.

It might have been 40 feet.
                    Agree!

Comment

Working...
                    X