Oakland short 3 next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland short 3 next year

Per @PaulKampe on twitter Mike Lewis, Blake Cushingberry and some foreign guy won't be playing this year. Cushingberry is gone for good other 2 may be back in future if they pass the NCAA clearinghouse.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Oakland short 3 next year

The official Grizz spin

http://opgrizzden.blogspot.com/2012/...e-players.html

It is looking more like Oakland may not be a top challenger this upcoming season.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      The official Grizz spin

http://opgrizzden.blogspot.com/2012/...e-players.html

It is looking more like Oakland may not be a top challenger this upcoming season.
      I still think that Oakland will be up in the top 3 or so. They still have 4 of their top 6 back. Losing Hamilton will really hurt. He averaged about 26 points/game. Lucus-Perry was their 5th leading scorer with 8 ppg but they have most of their other players back. They have 4 of their 6 scorers back. Bader(16), Valentine(12), Petros(9) and Bass(7) are back. They will have Duke Mondy playing this year. He transfered in from Providence. If he is any good, that will mean that they have 5 really solid players. All they need is 1 or 2 of their other players to be their 6th/7th man and they will be fine. SDSU wasn't much deeper than that last year. They had their top 6 and then a few players that were young but came on.

Comment

I have no doubt that Oakland will be just fine. They might not be the team they were 2-3 years ago, but they will (at least) be near the top in the regular season and a team to be concerned about in the tournament. I hope they find a way to get a solid non-conference win or two, but they may struggle early this year.

Comment

Working...
        X