X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD inks Midco Sports Contract

From the press release:

Midco Sports Network, Coyote Sports Team Up

Sioux Falls, SD June 25, 2012 -- Midco Sports Network has announced that they will broadcast up to 15 live sporting matchups, plus up to 24 weekly special shows featuring the University of South Dakota athletic program for the 2012-13 season (schedule follows).

University of South Dakota (USD)

2012-2013 Midco Sports Network Live Broadcast Schedule (to date):

Live Men’s Football

Sept. 29 vs. Illinois State at USD
    Oct. 6 vs. Western Illinois (Dakota Days) at USD
    Oct. 20 vs. North Dakota State University at Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls
    Nov. 17 vs. South Dakota State University in Brookings

Live Men’s Basketball

Nov 29 – Western Illinois at USD
    Jan 3 – North Dakota State University at USD
    Jan 5 – South Dakota State University at USD
    Jan 31 – USD at South Dakota State University (men)

Schedule subject to change and additions
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: USD inks Midco Sports Contract

At first I was a little upset with USD getting this with Midco, but SDSU already has their sports show on Fox Sports North. Also, of the games that Midco is covering, only 3 of them (so far) do not include a North Dakota or South Dakota team. It's still a good start for USD.

Remember, SDSU has played NDSU in football on Fox Sports North the past two years, which has much bigger regional coverage. I would assume Midco would like to cover a few more SDSU basketball games considering they will have a good team and they're coming off the NCAA tournament birth.

I'm curious if State will release something with Midco soon, or if at all.

EDIT: It seems as though I didn't wait long enough as Terry announced Midco will air games as well that will be released on Aug. 1.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Its all a matter of working out the details. The arrangement with Learfield (i can't remember if thats what they are called or not) complicates local agreements. Its not as simple as it may seem. If the priority was for SDSU to have games on MidCo there would be more games on MidCo.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Given the way broadcast rights work, the USD-SDSU games in Brookings are SDSU events, not USD events. But hey, I guess they can spin it any way they want . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SDSU's press release from Midco:
          http://blogs.midcosn.com/2012/06/mid...e-partnership/

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Its all a matter of working out the details. The arrangement with Learfield (i can't remember if thats what they are called or not) complicates local agreements. Its not as simple as it may seem. If the priority was for SDSU to have games on MidCo there would be more games on MidCo.
            Great point.

Comment

Working...
            X