NDSU WBB Assistants resign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU WBB Assistants resign

Last week two assistants in the Bison Women's Basketball program resigned: Jamie Berry and Ali Prichard. Here's a link to the story on GoBison.com: http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205420006

Reading the story, one would conclude the two had just been hired: the story reviews the backgrounds and impressive resumes. Many will recall Berry was an outstanding player for NDSU and is the older sister of SDSU Quarterback Ryan Berry.

I had opined mid-way through the season that NDSU should consider terminating the head coach, DeHoff, and putting Jamie Berry in place as interim head-coach to finish the season. By doing so, they could have held on to Berry while searching for a coach and Berry would be in the mix for consideration. Now, I think they've lost a top prospect to return the program to one of the top in the conference.

I think I read that DeHoff has one more year -- the upcoming season -- remaining on her contract. She's caused significant damage to the program.

Re: NDSU WBB Assistants resign

Our WBB team had fallen on some real hard times with this coach.

Hopefully this is her last year.

Comment

You have to wonder if DeHoff was told that in order to keep her job that changes had to be made,and the assistants falling on their swords was part of that.

Comment

We'll probably never hear the why's, and especially the why now's about this. DeHoff should have been cut this March, immediately after bowing out in the 1st round of the Summit tourney. Hopefully, the two assistants will have opportunities to catch on elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          We'll probably never hear the why's, and especially the why now's about this. DeHoff should have been cut this March, immediately after bowing out in the 1st round of the Summit tourney. Hopefully, the two assistants will have opportunities to catch on elsewhere.
          Just like Dorn suspension, unless a civil suit emerges and moves forward in the legal system, we will never know and maybe thats the way it should be. Seems like I read that Berry had some other plans but dont recall what they were.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            You have to wonder if DeHoff was told that in order to keep her job that changes had to be made,and the assistants falling on their swords was part of that.
            I'm more worried that they're getting out because they see the train wreck that's coming. IMO, DeHoff's a dead coach walking.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
              I'm more worried that they're getting out because they see the train wreck that's coming. IMO, DeHoff's a dead coach walking.
              I think you have dialed into the minds of the two resigned assistants.

Comment

Working...
              X