X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaddogJack
    replied
    Re: 2012 Summit attendance figures...

Adding UNO isn't going to hurt things either. We will soon be able to change to the I-29 League (UMKC, UNO, USD, SDSU, NDSU). If UND had done their homework - or, I don't know....thought it through - we could add Grand Forks to that list. (In thinking of nicknames - I wonder if raving lunatics is already taken?)

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

If USD has decent teams, and SDSU & USD both are productive, even this 40K+ attendence will be exceeded. With poor attendence Sun. (no SDSU team playing) this year had a soft day. If the two S. Dakota schools are playing and NDSU has decent teams this will really blossom in S. Falls.

I know the non-I-29 schools don't like that Sioux Falls puts them at a competitive disadvantage, but they are loving the atmosphere, attention, and crowds that are generated. They are just envious of the situation, and wish they'd see that back home.

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    What was the previous high prior to Sioux Falls?
    Did a little digging and TV had reported in the Argus on March 2nd the following attendance numbers

Recent attendance

A look at Summit League Tournament attendance figures for the past five years, and host city:
    2011: 32,460 in Sioux Falls
    2010: ­30,791 in Sioux Falls
    2009: ­34,681 in Sioux Falls
    2008: ­17,954 in Tulsa, Okla.
    2007: ­22,291 in Tulsa, Okla.

It is hard to argue with the success that Sioux Falls and SDSU has brought to the Summit League Tournament. Some kudos has to go to NDSU for helping with the previous record in 2009. That was the year that Ben Woodside led the Bison to the championship. SDSU women also won their first championship, and the men upset ORU in the first round leading to two "home" games for the men.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    According to the program it was 28,597 in 1994 in Rosemount,Ill. Sioux Falls now has the top 4 all time attendance totals.

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

The 40,269 fans at this year's men's and women's basketball championships is a new all-time high for The Summit League, topping the previous record (34,681 in 2009) by nearly 6,000.

From thesummitleague.org notes.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    anyone run across an article with the attendance figures for the tourney? i've done some searching but haven't had any luck. thanks.
    Touch over 40,000, better than 6000 more than the previous attendence record.

Leave a comment:

• krak-r-jacks
    started a topic 2012 Summit attendance figures...

2012 Summit attendance figures...

anyone run across an article with the attendance figures for the tourney? i've done some searching but haven't had any luck. thanks.
Working...
X