ORU vs WIU Semi-finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORU vs WIU Semi-finals

WIU leads ORU 27-26 at half. Morrison has 15pts but also has 2 fouls. Should be a good 2nd half coming up.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Re: ORU vs WIU Semi-finals

Love how morrison complains about everything. A bit like hamilton. Roundtree with 3 fouls in first half also. Oru has played man, full court press and zone on D.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The more I watch him the more I respect players like our team, Wii and suu. Teams that's seem to have better heads.
      It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

What a finish! And what a shot by WIU's emotional leader Parks. When you play down to your opponent enough times and play a lot of close games this is going happen so I can't say I'm exactly suprised about this outcome. Maybe they can win the Southland next year. Hah
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I am amazed that ORU didn't stay in the full court press for a longer period of time. WIU really struggled against it and ORU was able to pull away. Interested to see what Sutton has to say...

Another great tournament game. This is why the tournament is becoming a must see sporting event.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

For the record WIU 54_53. I have lots of respect for Molenari as a coach, he's got em on the upswing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
              For the record WIU 54_53. I have lots of respect for Molenari as a coach, he's got em on the upswing.
              Agreed. Working for Ray Meyer for several years at DePaul seems to be paying off later in life. A year ago even Molenari did believe his team would be in the tournament. This was one of his answers to the press questions in the press conference. He is a great coach and is showing it.

Comment

These guys are going to be a tough opponent and are peaking just as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Love how morrison complains about everything.
                  The next time we get to see that whiner play in the Arena will be in the CBA against the Skyforce. Not wanting to shake hands after the game isn't what the POY should do.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    The next time we get to see that whiner play in the Arena will be in the CBA against the Skyforce. Not wanting to shake hands after the game isn't what the POY should do.
                    I didn't even pay attention to that.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don't want to turn this thread into a Morrison bashing session. I honestly was feeling a bit bad for him when he left the court to a bunch of boos. However when he came out of the locker room, I witnessed him intentionally step out of his way to drop a shoulder into one of our students standing at the bottom of Tue bleachers. Not cool in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by JackAttack44 View Post
                        I don't want to turn this thread into a Morrison bashing session. I honestly was feeling a bit bad for him when he left the court to a bunch of boos. However when he came out of the locker room, I witnessed him intentionally step out of his way to drop a shoulder into one of our students standing at the bottom of Tue bleachers. Not cool in my book.
                        That simply didn't happen....after reading another forum, only SDSU has players, who are "goons" and poor sportsmen, would act in such a crass manner. Not the POY. I'm glad we knew enough about the nuances of D1 basketball to make it this far....<end sarcasm>
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I can understand the disappointment by Morrison, but to take it out on fans or anyone else is not called for.

Comment

Given his lack of consistent performance, it would be righteous to leave DoMo off the All-tourney team. He had a stinker of a game vs IPFW, and while the leading scorer for the Eagles vs WIU, he failed ORU miserably in the clutch.

Nate & Dykstra, Parks & C Clark, and SUU's big center would be my leading 5 for the all-tourney team.

Comment

I saw that, too. Actually made me feel sorry for Morrison, to feel the need to do that. Of course, always possible that the SDSU students in the stands there were not being particularly gracious to Morrison, either.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X