Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ORU v WIU women

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
    I'm sure the ORU faithful have annointed themselves pre-season favorites for the Southland next year. Luper has already tied up the POY, too.

Na, na, na, na - na, na, na, na - hey, hey, hey - good bye Okies.
    With all honesty, they are the favorites in the Southland. The Southland is a significantly weaker conference than the Summit.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Especially on the women's side. Don't know if I have heard of the Southland being competitive. Altho, UTSA ALMOST took out Baylor before Jacks had to play Baylor in the 2009 NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        I guess having the absolute best player in the league with no one even a close second doesn't mean much.Good riddance ORU.
        While it was great watching them lose, I am not as excited to see the ORU women and men leave the conference. They are a huge loss to conference RPI rankings. I don't see USD or UNO making up the difference for awhile.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

According to the Southland Conference timeline, Louisiana Tech was a member until 1987. They had a very good women's basketball program back then. Also, Lamar made it to the 1991 Elite Eight, although they weren't in the Southland until 1999. Their conference is a little more competitive within itself this year (although still weaker than the Summit,) and Oral Roberts should make them a tougher conference.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            While it was great watching them lose, I am not as excited to see the ORU women and men leave the conference. They are a huge loss to conference RPI rankings. I don't see USD or UNO making up the difference for awhile.
            But it takes away our top compititon to make the dance but since we have yet to loss the confrence tourny I am indifferent. Probably helps the mens chances in the fuiture. I see most confrence tourny bids going to sdsu ndsu and oakland. Oru was in that group but that helps us to get to the dance. Helps oru too by having easier time getting there. Best part is no more utah okla. Traveling for the teams.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              But it takes away our top compititon to make the dance but since we have yet to loss the confrence tourny I am indifferent. Probably helps the mens chances in the fuiture. I see most confrence tourny bids going to sdsu ndsu and oakland. Oru was in that group but that helps us to get to the dance. Helps oru too by having easier time getting there. Best part is no more utah okla. Traveling for the teams.
              I completely agree on the travel. Worst road trip ever.

But those people that think the conference is better off without them have a very large gap in their basketball knowledge
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
              X