2013 Summit League ticket sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Summit League ticket sales

According to the Brookings Register, tickets for the 2013 Summit League Conference Tournament, to be played March 9-12 in Sioux Falls, will go on sale for the all-session reserved at noon on March 3rd, 2012. If I'm reading this correctly, that means that they go on sale at noon when the Jackrabbit women tip-off at noon that same day. So, are we going to be standing out in the lobby getting the next year's reserved all-session tickets or watching the women play? I know I've always gone on-line to get my tickets the moment they went on sale. I've also known of quite a few Jacks' fans that have driven to Sioux Falls to get their tickets. Couldn't they have had them go on sale at 8AM that day? Am I missing something???
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Re: 2013 Summit League ticket sales

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
    According to the Brookings Register, tickets for the 2013 Summit League Conference Tournament, to be played March 9-12 in Sioux Falls, will go on sale for the all-session reserved at noon on March 3rd, 2012. If I'm reading this correctly, that means that they go on sale at noon when the Jackrabbit women tip-off at noon that same day. So, are we going to be standing out in the lobby getting the next year's reserved all-session tickets or watching the women play? I know I've always gone on-line to get my tickets the moment they went on sale. I've also known of quite a few Jacks' fans that have driven to Sioux Falls to get their tickets. Couldn't they have had them go on sale at 8AM that day? Am I missing something???

Why are they going on sale so early? Isnt it usually in aug?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      Why are they going on sale so early? Isnt it usually in aug?
      Yep. I guess they want to use our money for a whole year instead of 8 months.

Comment

Consider this a benefit. With USD joinning the fray next year they are anticipating even more demand than there already is. I remember a while back Mike Sullivan, director of SF sports authority, saying in an interview it is possible they might have to go to a lottery process when USD joins the conference tournament. He didn't get into any further details but I think that is a big reason they are going on sale this early for 2013.

Comment

It would be nice if they had special sections for usd and for sdsu. I really dont want to end up with a bunch of USD fans around me. Now maybe the first year wont be too bad but eventually if it stays in SF, it might be a problem

Comment

I agree with that - they are going to have to figure something out in that regard - or things could get ugly up above!

Comment

I just wish they weren't starting the sale time when we play. Why not at 8AM?

Comment

I was going to get my football season tickets in the next couple weeks. Guess that can wait since i have till May to renew them. Might have to go down before halftime and get next years tickets.

Comment

Ticketmaster doesnt have anything on their website about ordering for the 2013 tourney

Comment

Looks like they are 110.00 next year. I believe they were 98.00 this year

Comment

Not sure how it will work this year but in previous years it has not been of any real benefit to stand in line at the box office and wait. They didn't let us select our seats giving people the "best available" as defined by the computer. Once the initial rush was over you could then pick the seats you wanted. I intend to mosey on over to the box office sometime after the tip on Saturday to select the seats I want. No idea what the availability will be like given the USD factor.

I will not pay Ticketmaster the $16-20 fee they charged per packet the last few years.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X