X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things are ugly at UMKC

http://curtiskitchen.com/umkc-ad-try...ng-matt-brown/

Re: Things are ugly at UMKC

As far as I can tell, things have ALWAYS been ugly at UMKC. I still don't think they should have fired Rich Zvosec (the coach before current coach Brown). If I recall correctly, this was one of new incoming AD Hall's first major moves.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      As far as I can tell, things have ALWAYS been ugly at UMKC. I still don't think they should have fired Rich Zvosec (the coach before current coach Brown). If I recall correctly, this was one of new incoming AD Hall's first major moves.
      How ugly can it get? Who is in charge of this commuter school? Or does it run by itself and some one comes by and winds the clocks and empties the Vending machines. Who ever is president needs to take some actions swiftly, like now. For an assistant to refer to the AD as an @@@hole is not good

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        How ugly can it get? Who is in charge of this commuter school? Or does it run by itself and some one comes by and winds the clocks and empties the Vending machines. Who ever is president needs to take some actions swiftly, like now. For an assistant to refer to the AD as an @@@hole is not good
        Agreed.

For a head coach to think there isn't DI talent in a city the size of Kansas City isn't good either. Seriously? I can't imagine a coach being successful at SDSU saying there are no DI kids in South Dakota. The population of South Dakota is probably smaller than the Kansas City metro. You would think someone might have asked that type of question in the interview process...
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Agreed.

For a head coach to think there isn't DI talent in a city the size of Kansas City isn't good either. Seriously? I can't imagine a coach being successful at SDSU saying there are no DI kids in South Dakota. The population of South Dakota is probably smaller than the Kansas City metro. You would think someone might have asked that type of question in the interview process...
          KC metro population is around 2.1M.
          South Dakota has a population of 824K.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            The article above says that the Chancellor is talking directly to the assistant basketball coaches. This does not bode well for the AD.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

With 3 key players on the ORU team out of the KC area, shoots to heck theory that can't get a sufficiently talented Summit League team out of the KC metro area.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                The article above says that the Chancellor is talking directly to the assistant basketball coaches. This does not bode well for the AD.
                Opps I missed that. Not good footing for AD or HC.

Comment

Working...
                X