X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD switches radio stations again

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012...c698815814.txt

Re: USD switches radio stations again

I know Kevin Cullhane well and consider him a friend. He was distraught when USD decided to end their relationship with his radio station. I met Jeff and Lane while they were in Yankton and both are excellent broadcasters doing a great job at Nebraska. I know Joe VanGoor and his family as well, good people and he is certainly a respected announcer who will do a good job.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I've known Joe Van for almost 10 years, when I got my start in radio. He's a solid announcer and I think he'll be good as the Voice of the Coyotes. I hope they can find a way to keep "Hot Rod" Pattison on as the color commentator; he's always entertaining.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I hate to be negative, but I listened to several USD broadcasts in the last couple of years. Their play-by-play guy was awful. Joe VanGoor will be a great improvement.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It says a lot (and not very much good, imho) about the general state of Sioux Falls broadcast media, that the flagship radio stations for both SDSU and USD will be in YANKTON . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I have known Joe Van for my entire life, being cousins and all.

(dang name dropper)

Comment

Fibert, SF radio, none with the reach of WNAX, more than the other SF media outlets tends to a local focus. Not that the SF print and televison media isn't also a bit myopic in their coverage. In that light, kudos to the Argus for coverage of Jackrabbit athletics .
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
              X