ORU @ Oakland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ORU @ Oakland

U.S.D. would have won some games last year, or this year if their best player hadn't transferred out. This year will be tough however. I do have high regard for WIU's coach.

Comment

ORU plays at Macomb on January 12th. Jacks survived, Bizun did not!

W Ill may have a say on who wins the Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
        U.S.D. would have won some games last year, or this year if their best player hadn't transferred out. This year will be tough however. I do have high regard for WIU's coach.
        That is what happens during transition. The Jackrabbits struggled mightily the first few years do to attrition and bad luck. Nagy reference the fact but never made excuses. NDSU caught a shooting star quite literally and then found 4 supporting staff members that contributed to a dream season. They've ridden the momentum from there. Boots will either leave or have to change his philosophy to adjust to the DI level.

I agree with 02, the coyote contingent is focusing almost solely on the game in v'ville. A victory and the season is salvaged in the minds of many, not all, but many. Combine that with the awkwardness of playing in the dome and you have a fight on your hands, hopefully not literally.

All that said, the most important game is the next one. I expect we'll see 7 or 8 Jackrabbits play. Morrison is probably the most versatile player in the league, no disrespect to Nate, Reggie or the other talented players. If you pay too much attention to him ORU has plenty of other weapons on the perimeter and they are big enough to dominate the boards. Its going to take another great effort from our top 6 to win this one on the road.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

A huge flurry of games for ORU. Bullied the win in Oakland (breaking a 31 Summit league home win streak for the Griz), stymied Hamilton, who achieved 12 of his 28 from 3's with under 2 min left and OU down 17.

Hope that ORU and NDSU have a 4-OT game, and that they lose by one. Sat night will be big of the Jacks, but need to get the SUU win first. IIRC, SUU will be playing their first Summit home game vs the Jacks

Comment

Free Online Feed for the Game: http://www.justin.tv/sportzzworld26#/w/2373650304
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
            X