In other scores . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In other scores . . .

In other scores ORU lost at OU 73-59 and USD won at Canisius 67-55. I would think both game results were within expectations.
    Last edited by Prairiehaas; 12-09-2011, 07:39 PM. Reason: sp
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      In other scores ORU lost at OU 73-59 and USD won at Canisius 67-55. I would think both game results were within expectations.
      The last two or three games USD has played, I have never heard of their opponent before.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Jesuiit College located in Buffalo New York, play in the same league as Niagara and Marist

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          The last two or three games USD has played, I have never heard of their opponent before.
          The last two opponents were Oakland and IPFW. Pretty sure you've heard of them.

Before that was Tabor - you get a pass on that one.

Before that was Wyoming...should I keep going?

Comment

I believe I have heard of Canisius. What is this "Wyoming" you speak of?
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It was a good night for the Summit tonight. IPFW beat UNO, IUPUI beat Western Kentucky, USD beat Morehead State, UMKC beat Southeast Missouri State, and WIU beat Eastern Ill.

NDSU lost a close one to Arizona State and Oakland lost by 10 to #18 Michigan. SUU loses to Weber State, but who gives a crap, they will fit in with the rest of the Big Sky.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Did anyone else notice Alex Young had 43 points in IUPUI's victory over Western Kentucky?!

As long as Young is on that team, IUPUI has a chance to beat anyone in the league on any given night. I truly believe that their isn't a player in the league that can guard him if he gets hot, as he has just too much range, length, and athleticism. The good news, however, is that the team around him isn't that great and he can be really streaky.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Today's Jeff Sagarin Men's BB Conference Rankings: (I know we're still early in the season, so things can change substantially...)
                  12 SUMMIT LEAGUE = 74.25
                  13 HORIZON = 73.00
                  14 MID-AMERICAN = 72.94
                  15 WESTERN ATHLETIC = 72.92
                  16 ATLANTIC SUN = 72.38
                  17 SUN BELT = 71.74
                  18 COLONIAL = 71.57
                  19 BIG SKY = 71.24
                  20 IVY LEAGUE = 71.13
                  21 BIG WEST = 71.06
                  22 METRO ATLANTIC = 69.94
                  23 SOUTHLAND = 69.30

This is as high for the Summit League as I can recall.... The out of conference games must be gaining points in the computer classification system. Where does the Summit need to be before it begins to receive consideration for multiple NCAA bids?

Comment

[QUOTE=BKXD;191134]Today's Jeff Sagarin Men's BB Conference Rankings: (I know we're still early in the season, so things can change substantially...)
                    12 SUMMIT LEAGUE = 74.25
                    13 HORIZON = 73.00
                    14 MID-AMERICAN = 72.94
                    15 WESTERN ATHLETIC = 72.92
                    16 ATLANTIC SUN = 72.38
                    17 SUN BELT = 71.74
                    18 COLONIAL = 71.57
                    19 BIG SKY = 71.24
                    20 IVY LEAGUE = 71.13
                    21 BIG WEST = 71.06
                    22 METRO ATLANTIC = 69.94
                    23 SOUTHLAND = 69.30

This is as high for the Summit League as I can recall.... The out of conference games must be gaining points in the computer classification system. Where does the Summit need to be before it begins to receive consideration for multiple NCAA bids?[/

It will take a team winning a game or two and also have a non auto bid team with a RPI in the top 35-45 range. That still might not do it.
                    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

We're starting to see what many have said all along: the addition of USD is good for the Summit League. Tyler Merriam was talking in the pregame (prior to Dakota State) show about how well the Summit is doing vs traditional power conferences and schools generally considered playing in tougher leagues than the Summit. USD's wins fit right in with the philosophy of the League and that's good for all concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by HadleyCoyote View Post
                        Before that was Tabor - you get a pass on that one....
                        You can't fool us with that one, Hadley. We all know that school's part of Bon Homme now. I think our Black Hills State superfan JoeBoo is in the Tabor Hall of Fame. That right, Joe?

Comment

ORU beats Arkansas-Little Rock in a nailbiter, with a last second three by Bell-Holter. I don't know what or how it happened, but ORU was down 53-55 with 4 seconds left.

From what I can tell, Niles made two free throws, and UALR must have turned the ball over on the in-bounds pass, and then Bell-Holter (not a great shot) made a three.

Unbelievable if that is what happened.

Here's the link to the ESPN play by play.
                          http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/playby...meId=313462031

Comment

Okay, read some comments on the ESPN page. Bell-Holter banked in 3/4 court baseball throw. Unbelievable. I must see the highlight of this.

Comment

And another win for the Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                                Okay, read some comments on the ESPN page. Bell-Holter banked in 3/4 court baseball throw. Unbelievable. I must see the highlight of this.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy74u...layer_embedded

Comment

Working...
                                X