Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Preseason Previews/Polls

Originally posted by goon View Post
    He might be but I still hope you will see more greats come through. I would love to have a conversation in the next 5 or 10 years talking about how those players are the best ever, then you will say, nope Nate W was and we can debate.
    I want to see more greats come through as well
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      He might be but I still hope you will see more greats come through. I would love to have a conversation in the next 5 or 10 years talking about how those players are the best ever, then you will say, nope Nate W was and we can debate.
      Hey, I certainly didn't say that we won't get lots of great players in the years ahead...I fully expect us to do that. Will we get more "greatest ever" players? I don't know and would welcome either the admission (on my part), or an ensuing debate as that occurs. In the meantime, I just am thrilled that Nate Wolters came to SDSU and relish getting to watch him play for two more seasons!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        Hey, I certainly didn't say that we won't get lots of great players in the years ahead...I fully expect us to do that. Will we get more "greatest ever" players? I don't know and would welcome either the admission (on my part), or an ensuing debate as that occurs. In the meantime, I just am thrilled that Nate Wolters came to SDSU and relish getting to watch him play for two more seasons!
        I would agree....I would love to see more great players come through on a regular basis and I think we will, but the greatest ever is a completely different conversation. Notice 2 of the names mentioned go back 30-35 years, that doesn't mean we have sucked since then, it just means the "greatest ever" conversation is a very select crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
          I would agree....I would love to see more great players come through on a regular basis and I think we will, but the greatest ever is a completely different conversation. Notice 2 of the names mentioned go back 30-35 years, that doesn't mean we have sucked since then, it just means the "greatest ever" conversation is a very select crowd.
          Yeah I think we need to keep the connversations seperate. We can talk about great players, or we can talk about the greatest players. They are 2 different things.
          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Or we could talk about this upcoming Summit League season

Comment

Yes we can do that too. I just meant that the conversations are over two different topics and should not be mixed into one
              ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                Or we could talk about this upcoming Summit League season
                Sometimes I think there should be a minimum and maximum age range on here!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  I'd say a range between 35-45 would give us the broadest and most intelligent viewpoints.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

More college students please. I can't keep yelling at you old idiots by myself. (Because you can't hear me.)

Oh, and uh preseason stuff...

I say SDSU finishes 2nd in the regular season tied with Oakland but behind ORU and wins a thriller against ORU in SF. Yay optimism.
                    Last edited by RabbitObsessed; 10-21-2011, 03:43 PM.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      I'd say a range between 35-45 would give us the broadest and most intelligent viewpoints.
                      I too find people going through a midlife crisis to have the most rational viewpoints on life and sports
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

You think youve got broad and intelligent viewpoints at 35-45, just wait till you hit 50ishish. We almost know it all.

Comment

I've been trying for more college students since I got to campus. No such luck! They usually just like to read what these old men have to say.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            What would the maximum be 65? I guess that would eliminate me and my wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              What would the maximum be 65? I guess that would eliminate me and my wisdom.
                              Where would we be without you Nidaros? Your historical knowledge of the Jacks has been quite enlightening at times.

RO if you are in college why the hell do you waste your time on here? Most of us wish we were your age during these heady times for Jackrabbit Nation. D2 was alright but D1 and all the changes around Brookings, would just be so fun at that age. In short you should be chasing bunnytail all over campus.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Age 40-45 was about where I realized how little I knew about how the world really worked. Ten years from that and I still wince when I think of all the stupid crap I said in my 20's and 30's.
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X