Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Preseason Previews/Polls

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Exactly. It's great that we can have discussions of this nature, which of our studs is better, instead of something like "another 20 loss season?!?!?!?"
    No kidding.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      One thing that Jordan needs to work on is staying out of foul trouble. With the lack of big man depth ,he needs to play 30 + minutes as opposed to the 20 he played last season. Having a year under his belt should help.
      The problem that Jordan, and Marcus, had last year is that they really should have been afforded a red-shirt year to get their size built up to a Division I level. But, just like with Nate his freshman year, Nagy just didn't have that luxury.Hopefully, this team is on a trajectory that will allow Nagy to not have to play his guys right away. That will only make the teams deeper and sustain success long.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I would like to see both Nate and Jordan outscore everyone of their opponents this year and each try to outscore the other in winning causes.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          I would like to see both Nate and Jordan outscore everyone of their opponents this year and each try to outscore the other in winning causes.
          I would much rather they compete to see who can shut down their respective assignments on defense. Scoring is great and all, but this team will go no place if they don't improve the defense from last year.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

OK, why not join the "I think" crew? I've seen a lot of SDSU basketball players since I got back to Brookings 30 years ago, and Nate Wolters is the most talented, most amazing player I have ever seen here. I join with Coach Nagy in that assessment. I love Jordan Dykstra, and I believe he has the talent to be a great player for us. I hope in a couple of years, I will be able to call him the greatest "big man" who has ever played for us (although I will have to tell some of you "young uns" that Steve Lingenfelter, who did a short stint with us years ago, is the best big man I have ever seen perform in an SDSU uniform for us to date. And unless a future Jackrabbit proves me wrong, I'm going to continue to believe that Nate is by far the best point guard we will probably ever have a chance to see in a Jacks uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              And unless a future Jackrabbit proves me wrong, I'm going to continue to believe that Nate is by far the best point guard we will probably ever have a chance to see in a Jacks uniform.
              I hope your wrong on this point. Us young jack fans would not have much to look forward to if we never get another great player like he is. I think it will depend on if this group of guys can take us dancing or not. If they do they will be some of the best ever. If they dont, who ever is the first to take us will get that tag of best ever IMO.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                I hope your wrong on this point. Us young jack fans would not have much to look forward to if we never get another great player like he is. I think it will depend on if this group of guys can take us dancing or not. If they do they will be some of the best ever. If they dont, who ever is the first to take us will get that tag of best ever IMO.
                I agree. We need more great players. I'm 14 and if ya don't have more great players in the future, guess who's not interested?
                Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Nate is the best Jackrabbit player I have seen, bar none. And I have been watching for about 40 years (I'm 47). I always have a hard time comparing different eras. Tetzlaff was an unbelievable, effort guy. Lingenfelter was a gifted scorer. But when I look at Dykstra, I see some of Tetzlaff's determination, some of Lingenfelter's scoring ability. We'll see how he progresses. He certainly has the skills and the attitude to become one of the all-time great Jackrabbits.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

How about we get this thread back on track. Ya know Summit preseason previews/polls

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/spor...rence/17-12901

Comment

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/...sp?CID=1278729

Comment

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...ball-media-day

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Before you get back on track of this thread, let me issue a mea culpa: I should have said "the best I will have a chance to see", unless we recruit a real stinger in the next few years...ha!

Comment

UMKC

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/18/3215885/trips-abroad-give-umkc-teams-a.html

Comment

Oakland

http://www.freep.com/article/2011101...epth-perimeter

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                Before you get back on track of this thread, let me issue a mea culpa: I should have said "the best I will have a chance to see", unless we recruit a real stinger in the next few years...ha!
                                He might be but I still hope you will see more greats come through. I would love to have a conversation in the next 5 or 10 years talking about how those players are the best ever, then you will say, nope Nate W was and we can debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X