Oral Roberts baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Roberts baseball

ORU beat Oklahoma on Sat to eliminate the Sooners, beat TCU Sunday to eliminate the Horned Frogs and last night beat Dallas Baptist. Tonight ORU plays Dallas Baptist, winner advances to super regionals.

Re: Oral Roberts baseball

ORU appears to be on a roll. Looking good for the Golden Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      ORU beat Oklahoma on Sat to eliminate the Sooners, beat TCU Sunday to eliminate the Horned Frogs and last night beat Dallas Baptist. Tonight ORU plays Dallas Baptist, winner advances to super regionals.

WOW...I only noticed ORU got drummed 10-0 against TCU Friday in the first game, but then saw they squeaked by the Sooners the next day in the elimation round. Very surprised they then eliminated TCU.
      I'd love to see the people "in the know" that picked a ORU/Dallas Baptist final!!

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Congrats to ORU. It's nice to see a conference team doing well when SDSU is already out.

Comment

Congrats to ORU... but I don't think next season they'll be sleeping easy with the Jackrabbits breathing down their neck... I think we just found our first bona-fide non-Dakota D-I rival!
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

What surprised me the most was the performance of Alex Gonzales, the freshman that was so hard on us when he pitched. He got shelled in his first appearance, and then was the starting pitcher in the final championship game against DBU, and got only one out in the first inning, when DBU jumped out to an 8-0 lead (which eventually killed ORU). In all fairness, at least on the last game, ORU had 3 errors (shortstop, center fielder, right fielder), which contributed to the horrible start in the game.

ORU will continue to be the team to beat in the Summit. As the only remaining "southern" team (with departure of Centenary and Southern Utah) in a "northern" team league, their advantages are huge. But we have made great inroads on that dominance, and I just hope we can continue it! They lose a number of key players this year, who have been mainstays the last few years, but so do we, so it will be an interesting race again next year. If you know anybody who can be the major donor for an indoor practice facility, get to work.

Comment

Working...
            X