USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD

I certainly can't attest to the quality of these players, but USD continues to add recruits from a variety different locations while we hear nothing regarding the open scholarships we have available for the 2011/2012 season. If you can get players to Vermillion I would certainly think Brookings would be an easier sell?

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...news|text|Home

Re: USD

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I certainly can't attest to the quality of these players, but USD continues to add recruits from a variety different locations while we hear nothing regarding the open scholarships we have available for the 2011/2012 season. If you can get players to Vermillion I would certainly think Brookings would be an easier sell?

yeah but if you are getting players that won't help the team is there a point to getting them to come? I could get 5 recruits to come to Brookings, the question is would they help the team?

Comment

A few weeks ago, the Coyotes also landed a 6-10 juco. Don't know if he's any good. They also lost Thomas, a proven shooter who is transferring out. That was a big loss for the them.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post

Boots has a different philosophy on recruiting than Nagy does. I'm not saying one is better than the other but they definitely have different expectations. I don't think it bothers Dave to bring a guy in that might only be there for a year or two and try to create a role for him. Scott seems to like to have guys for 4 or 5 years and mold them into a player that fits his game plan. Again, one is necessarily better than the other, just different.

I got my season ticket order form in the mail yesterday. I must admit, as a owner of 10 tickets I hesitated a bit given the lack of news regarding recruits. I love the guys we have coming back but I have definite concerns about the open spots and who is going to be filling them. I agree with a previous post, you can't just sign "a" guy you need to get "the" guy or "your" guy.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          A few weeks ago, the Coyotes also landed a 6-10 juco. Don't know if he's any good. They also lost Thomas, a proven shooter who is transferring out. That was a big loss for the them.
          yeah he is originally from the UK (United Kingdom), has played 2 years at Northeast Community college.

I'm not happy that there haven't been 3 big time recruits signed already. But I follow a lot of recruiting info gurus on twitter and every day I here about another transfer or another kid getting out of his LOI, kids taking visits. A lot of guys are still out there.

Comment

Be patient everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Be patient everyone!
              Sounds like you know something we don't.

Or are you just being an optimist?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
              X