Summit v Big Sky et al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit v Big Sky et al

Rivals.com has announced its pre-season All-Mid-Major basketball team and its All-Low-Major basketball team. The Summit League is in the Mid-Major group while the Big Sky is in the Low-Major group.

ORU's Morrison is one of the Mid-Major first-team picks while IUPUI's Young is second team.

All-Mid-Major picks: LINK

All-Low-Major picks: LINK

Re: Summit v Big Sky et al

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Rivals.com has announced its pre-season All-Mid-Major basketball team and its All-Low-Major basketball team. The Summit League is in the Mid-Major group while the Big Sky is in the Low-Major group.

ORU's Morrison is one of the Mid-Major first-team picks while IUPUI's Young is second team.

All-Mid-Major picks: LINK

All-Low-Major picks: LINK
    Interesting. There was a poster on the Coyote board that went back 5 years using RealTimeRPI and it shows the Big Sky with a slightly higher average. Although I was personally for us joining the Big Sky at the time, I am very happy and content that the Summit and MVC is our new home.

I travel with the football team so a car will get me to where we want to go as opposed to flying and renting a car.

I am really interested in seeing how good the Summit mens teams are, and some of the individual players. Basketball is the one sport where you have a good chance of knocking off the giant every now and then. That puts fans in the seats, with just the chance. I know early in the league, we have a shot at some wins at home, but any win we get on the road at this point would probably be an upset. I can't wait, should be fun.

Comment

It appears that last year the Summit may have been included in the lower group because Keith Benson of Oakland was mentioned with that group.

Point is: I think the Summit's stock is rising although I'm sure the Big Sky schools would disagree.
      Last edited by rabidrabbit; 05-05-2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        using RealTimeRPI
        Well, there's his first mistake. Sagarin would be more persuasive.

Also, bear in mind that those RPI comparisons included Centenary and Southern Utah in the Summit.

Comment

Summit = 21 - Big Sky = 26 - Great West = 33 out of 33 Conferences. Next year we lose the RPI anchor that was Centenary #342 and replace them with USD #319 out of 345.

Comment

Agreed about losing Centenary & SUU. But USD & UNO will take time and scheduling to help raise the bar further.

The 2010-11 season was good for the Summit as Oakland was high ranked, and ORU, SDSU both had some good OOC wins. Seemed to be an elevated conference this last season. It will be interesting to see how far Oakland falls this next season. IMHO, they'll likely be a #2 seed at tourney time. ORU is looking very potent next season with 7 returning starters (get 2 Med red-shirts back).

Comment

Working...
            X