ORU is in the CIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORU is in the CIT

Saw it on a Bisonville thread. No link provided there, however.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: ORU is in the CIT

OK, here's a link:
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...0_OralRo395333
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Means the Jacks won't. Down to CBI if Jacks play in the post-season.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        ...can't two Summit teams make it?
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

In 2010 two WCC teams participated, so yes, there is precedence for two teams from a mid-major conference to be invited.

Comment

In 2010 two WCC teams participated, so yes, there is precedence for two teams from a mid-major conference to be invited.
            Bi-polar posting? Filbert eluded to most posters on this board showing bi-polar tendencies if posts were taken in aggregate. So if the posts are back to back is that considered taking them in aggregate?

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              ...can't two Summit teams make it?
              I would think that IUPUI would also get an invite before the Jacks,since they finished higher in the regular season and their best player (Young) has gotten some mention as a NBA-type player.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Bi-polar posting? Filbert eluded to most posters on this board showing bi-polar tendencies if posts were taken in aggregate. So if the posts are back to back is that considered taking them in aggregate?
                Just didn't check precedence first. IMHO, with 24 teams in the CIT, I would think it UNLIKELY to include two Summit teams. However, a similiar situation has already occurred in the first two seasons.

Oakland was in the inaugural CIT & lost in 2nd round on a 75-ft heave launched with 0.2 seconds left and lost by 1 to Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  I would think that IUPUI would also get an invite before the Jacks,since they finished higher in the regular season and their best player (Young) has gotten some mention as a NBA-type player.

These invite tournaments look at many things beside how you finished in your conference reg. season. Location, fan support -they need to sell tickets, name recognition, willingnes of the school to play, etc.

I think we have a much better chance then IUPUI.

Comment

IUPUI was invited to and played two games in the CBI tournament last year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      IUPUI was invited to and played two games in the CBI tournament last year.
                      Right, and this year both teams made it to the Semis. I think we travel better, have better name rec., and IMHO this year we get a bid before they do.

Comment

Working...
                      X