Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March Madness!! Summit League Style

Who's in?
    I'll be there for all sessions (as far as I know).
    Ain't got my tix yet tho.

Re: March Madness!! Summit League Style

Got my 3 the other day. Waited longer than the past two years and still got seats comparable to what I've gotten buying on the first available day.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Will be at every Jacks game. Didn't buy the all session passes because could care less about the womans bracket besides the Jacks.

Comment

I will be at every session with dad. Its a good excuse to watch basketball and get out of work for a few days.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Got my tickets the day they went on sale and plan on being at most games.

Comment

I will be there as long as work allows and probably some for work too

Comment

I have an all session pass. I will be at most of the games. I might skip a few of the non-SDSU WBB games.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

All-Session pass. I'll be there all day Sat & Sun...after that it depends on the Jacks.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Friday night for the March Madness Social at Sheraton, Saturday night, Sunday all day, and Monday all day. Will almost certainly return for the championship round if work allows.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

All sessions all the way!

Comment

I was just thinking the same thing. I would like to see Benson play and Young play without having to cheer against them(sort of, I still want to see Oakland lose). I might go to one of the Saturday night games, or come in at halftime of the 1st. My kids have been itching to see a game for a long time.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

TV and the Argus per his blog:

The Summit League tournament starts its third go in Sioux Falls this week and, per usual, the Argus Leader will be all over what has become one of the premier sporting events in the region. Expect roughly 10 consecutive days of coverage in the print edition, including a special section that (probably) comes out Friday.

Here's a sneak peek at some of the online events that are planned.

Wednesday: A special edition of SportsWeb from Brookings featuring guests SDSU women's basketball coach Aaron Johnston and SDSU men's assistant Austin Hansen at 2 p.m.

Thursday: The weekly live chat will be moved back an hour to 3 p.m. to accommodate the Summit League tipoff press conference. Tournament dirctor, Myndee Kay Larson, will join us to answer your questions for an hour from the Arena.

Friday: Sports editor Stu Whitney and I will host a Summit tournament preview show live from the Arena starting at 4 p.m. Conference commissioner Tom Douple will be our guest. Expect copious bracket breakdown.

Saturday: The games (finally) begin at noon. Over all four days, we'll have live game chats, live preview shows, live press conference coverage and live Tweeting (Twitter.com/TerryVandrovec).

And, of course, El Bloggo will have plenty of information - both valuable and not - throughout the event. The plan is to be winning every second of the Summit League tournament just like Charlie Sheen.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'll be going mustache only for the entire month "Mustache March" and encourage others to do the same... so if you see a bushy squirrel tail on someones lip at the tourney and it's not that reporter with the epic 'stach then smile and say hi! I'd love to make your acquaintance.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                            Got my 3 the other day. Waited longer than the past two years and still got seats comparable to what I've gotten buying on the first available day.

Go Jacks!!
                            Similar experience.

In a state like South Dakota, where walk-up sales seem to be the norm, I think the Summit should get out in front of this. If enough people figure out that they can't get better seats by buying ahead instead of buying right before the tournament or buying for individual sessions, its really going to hurt ticket sales the year when all Dakota schools get bounced in the first round or have bad teams.

Would it be possible to sell all the tickets through the conference office or through the schools? There seems to be something fishy with the current system.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              Similar experience.

In a state like South Dakota, where walk-up sales seem to be the norm, I think the Summit should get out in front of this. If enough people figure out that they can't get better seats by buying ahead instead of buying right before the tournament or buying for individual sessions, its really going to hurt ticket sales the year when all Dakota schools get bounced in the first round or have bad teams.

Would it be possible to sell all the tickets through the conference office or through the schools? There seems to be something fishy with the current system.
                              That would be Ticketmaster, I think . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X