Bleacher Report - End Summit League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleacher Report - End Summit League?

For what it's worth. I read this a few days ago. The source is controversial I suppose but I think they hit on some points we have all discussed or thought about at times.

Summit League: Should the Conference Flag Be Lowered?
    By
    Jeffrey Bathe
    (Contributor) on February 1, 2011

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...lag-be-lowered
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Bleacher Report - End Summit League?

Yo Jeffery...just pick any RPI ranking system that fits your argument...here, just like this:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc1011.htm

Walla...#17 in the nation, the Summit is...WITH Centenary and SUU.

I love how easy he thinks we can just jump right into the MVC. If it was that easy the Summit and a whole bunch of others would be dead conferences today too. Likely what BCS conference fans would LOVE to see. F-them I say.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I don't trust anything Bleacher Report has to say. Ever. That guy was so far off base on somethings, it wasn't even funny.

Comment

**** Bleacher Report.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

That guy was clueless. Oakland beat a top 25 team, almost another, we gave UofM a good run, The confrence tourny is as exciting as ever, there are going to be 3 schools in the confrence with 100 plus years of rivalrys.

We lose 2 of our weaker teams who really did not fit the mold the summit is needing to take, adding USD helps stabilize the confrence and who is to say in the next few years UND does not try to come crawling over.

He failed to mention how impressive SDSU was 2 years ago getting past the first round and should have passed the 2nd round in the NCAAs, how ORU is young and the team to beat now.

He failed to mention the league will have a draft pick this year and a lot of the teams in confrecnce are very young so that bodes well for the future.

Funny how he said they are biased, but his writing shows either lack of research on the topic or his own biasness.

He makes it sound like the league turnover now with SUU and Cent is hurting the league, this change will only help. I see this league being around 15 RPI the next few years.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            That guy was clueless. Oakland beat a top 25 team, almost another, we gave UofM a good run, The confrence tourny is as exciting as ever, there are going to be 3 schools in the confrence with 100 plus years of rivalrys.

We lose 2 of our weaker teams who really did not fit the mold the summit is needing to take, adding USD helps stabilize the confrence and who is to say in the next few years UND does not try to come crawling over.

He failed to mention how impressive SDSU was 2 years ago getting past the first round and should have passed the 2nd round in the NCAAs, how ORU is young and the team to beat now.

He failed to mention the league will have a draft pick this year and a lot of the teams in confrecnce are very young so that bodes well for the future.

Funny how he said they are biased, but his writing shows either lack of research on the topic or his own biasness.

He makes it sound like the league turnover now with SUU and Cent is hurting the league, this change will only help. I see this league being around 15 RPI the next few years.
            Sounds like the Bleacher Report.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              Sounds like the Bleacher Report.
              So I guess if it walks like a duck....
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

That was just really uneducated. If you look at the other work he's done, it would qualify as less than terrific -or- Bleacher Report material.

Comment

I thought about cllicking through on the link, then thought "nah, the guy doesn't deserve the hit . . . "
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I've seen the report before, even mentioned by bigger names and bigger news sources, the thing is that many of the big shots in college basketball would rather have 8 out of the ACC, 7 out of the Big 10, 8 out of the Big 12, 7 out of the PAC-10, 10 out of the SEC, 12 out of the Big East and o yeah thats 52 teams right there. The reason the Summit League is mentioned more then other leagues that are worse in the RPI is because they look at it and say well the Horizon would take on a bunch, the MVC would take on a few and the rest can find something somewhere.

Its an opinion peace so I'm not going to take much weight out of it, but I think the conference should take note that many think it should be demolished which means that they should continue to take strides to make it stronger.

Comment

Bleacher Report - Black Eyed Peas are best Super Bowl halftime show ever

^ all you need to know about Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        I guess I didn't get how doing their own songs, going to Guns and roses, to Usher how that fit together. I have seen worse halftime shows, I just wouldn't consider this the best ever.

Comment

I thought the performance/show was alright but the music was horrible. Maybe its one of those things where it sounded better if you were there, but it didn't sound good on TV.

Comment

"Currently, the conference sits 23rd out of 31 in RPI and only one team in the top 100 (Oakland at No. 73)."

So go disband the the other 8 conferences first, then come knocking at our door.

"One of the biggest arguments that one could use for keeping the conference is the rivalries that are in place. This is something that is not really in place in the Summit. Only two of the schools (Western Illinois and University of Missouri-Kansas City) have been in the conference longer than 15 years. As mentioned previously, the league has no consistency in membership, so there is naturally a lack of strong ties."

Ummmmm....NDSU, SDSU, USD. There's a little history there I think.....doesn't matter it wasn't in this conference.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                            X