Sioux Falls to host Summit league championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sioux Falls to host Summit league championships

At the meeting in Yankton last night Alex Kringen announced that Sioux Falls would be hosting the Summit League outdoor track and field and baseball championships this spring.

As he said, come to the bird cage and enjoy a beer while watching the best teams in the Summit League compete for a championship. I think I'll be there.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Sioux Falls to host Summit league championships

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    At the meeting in Yankton last night Alex Kringen announced that Sioux Falls would be hosting the Summit League outdoor track and field and baseball championships this spring.

As he said, come to the bird cage and enjoy a beer while watching the best teams in the Summit League compete for a championship. I think I'll be there.
    Depends on when the games are, but I would love too, it was fun watching SDSU there before. SDSU baseball could really build a lot of support and having a big home crowd couldnt hurt to help them win it.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Link to press release here:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205083894

Comment

As a resident of SF, I like this. Won't be able to attend the track and field championship, but look fwd to the baseball!!

One question I do have...why USF's complex and not Howard Wood? I'm really hoping there was a conflict of dates at Howard Wood(just checked...there isn't). I really don't like the idea of having the Summit League's Championship at a NAIA school...just doesn't look/sound good to me and I'm sure there will be plenty of "rolled-eyes" from people outside of SDSU/Summit.
        Does USF's track and field complex even have seating?? I know the track isn't around the football field and last time I reffed a game there I don't remember seating near the track. That was a few years ago though.

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          As a resident of SF, I like this. Won't be able to attend the track and field championship, but look fwd to the baseball!!

One question I do have...why USF's complex and not Howard Wood? I'm really hoping there was a conflict of dates at Howard Wood(just checked...there isn't). I really don't like the idea of having the Summit League's Championship at a NAIA school...just doesn't look/sound good to me and I'm sure there will be plenty of "rolled-eyes" from people outside of SDSU/Summit.
          Does USF's track and field complex even have seating?? I know the track isn't around the football field and last time I reffed a game there I don't remember seating near the track. That was a few years ago though.

Go Jacks!!
          my guess is either the proposed construction at Howard Wood would have started, or they feel that USF's complex would fit the meet better. sometimes a stadium with 9,000 seats looks really bad if less then 1K show up

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Go Jacks!!
            Let that concern go. It's a nice facility and that's what matters most. They have been hosting the Great West Conference outdoor meet at Williams Track and Field in Yankton because it's a brand new facility. It's at Yankton High School.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

According to TV's Argus article, Heuther Field lacks permanent stands, press facilities and restrooms and a late push to secure private funding for an upgrade fell short. DeHaven said, "the track meet is slated for the same weekend as the Brookings Marathon and there wouldn't have been enough hotel rooms to go around. Howard Wood has a scheduling conflict and lacked the javelin amenities required by NCAA Division I conferences."
              Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

The USF facilities are just fine for the track and field championships. I think we all knew the Conference Baseball Tournament would be in Sioux Falls due to the lack of funding for finish off the baseball complex on campus in Brookings.

Comment

Anyone else really getting "Jacked Up" for the tournament in a couple weeks. Both teams are playing some really good ball and things seem to be lining up for both to make a deep run in the tournament.

Ticket sales ought to be strong for this one. Looking forward to a loud Jackrabbit crowd in the Arena.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    Anyone else really getting "Jacked Up" for the tournament in a couple weeks. Both teams are playing some really good ball and things seem to be lining up for both to make a deep run in the tournament.

Ticket sales ought to be strong for this one. Looking forward to a loud Jackrabbit crowd in the Arena.

SUPERBUNNY
                    I took the weekend and Monday off, I am pumped up baby!! Staying in Sioux Falls for the duration, I hope the Jackrabbits are as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      I took the weekend and Monday off, I am pumped up baby!! Staying in Sioux Falls for the duration, I hope the Jackrabbits are as well.
                      I only have to work the morning but will be at every game every day. Since I cant make games during the regular season I hope they both make a deep run. either way I like to relax and enjoy some good basketball. Just gets tired eating hotdogs and pizza between games.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

My wife and I are going to take all 4 days off from work and try to watch all the games. We are also suppose to be grandma and grandpa sometime during the tourney. So we might miss a couple games.

Comment

Working...
                        X