Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doubleheaders for SL basketball going bye-bye

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    I've suggested to Justin Sell (and plan to do the same to Tom Douple) that the league look at scheduling all games (except the travel partner games) for Thursday and Saturday for the men, and Friday and Sunday (afternoons) for the women (with a switch at mid-season to the opposite schedule if they want to). The travel partner games could be left to decide their own schedule, which could include double-headers (either a true doubleheader, or an afternoon-evening split double-header). The Sunday afternoon games would in many cases allow the teams to get out of town and back home Sunday night. This would allow us to follow ALL our games.

Don't know if that stands much chance as most of the schools in the league get no following whatsoever for their women's games, and probably won't see any value in trying this schedule. But it is worth a try. If any of you are on fan boards at SL schools and want to prod their fans to push for this idea at their schools, it could help...maybe?
    I'd vote for this scheme . . . maybe they could even pitch it to Fox Sports Net or CBS College Sports or somebody to fill up some otherwise empty programming hours, even if it means moving some men's games to Sunday afternoons.

Take a problem and turn it into an opportunity . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      I'd vote for this scheme . . . maybe they could even pitch it to Fox Sports Net or CBS College Sports or somebody to fill up some otherwise empty programming hours, even if it means moving some men's games to Sunday afternoons.

Take a problem and turn it into an opportunity . . .
      I'm all for this. Whatever it takes to add to the television exposure of the conference is great.

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing afternoon games on saturday like USD and UND are doing today. A 1:00 and 3:00 doubleheader. If there are local high school games at night, people could still go to the Jacks game and the high school game. Plus if the weather isnt real good, we'd at least be driving home when its still light out.

Comment

Working...
        X