321 NORTH DAKOTA - UMKC
    321 NORTH DAKOTA - IPFW
    322 NEVADA - SDSTATE
    325 SAVANNAH ST - W ILLINOIS
    333 SIU-EDWARDSVILLE - UMKC
    333 SIU-EDWARDSVILLE - IPFW
    339 HOUSTON BAPTIST - S UTAH
    340 SE MISSOURI ST - UMKC
    Last edited by MinneapolisJack; 12-24-2010, 12:03 AM.
    http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Re: Summit League OOC Wins

17 MINNESOTA - SDSTATE

Dare to dream, right?

Comment

Added a good Summit League win with Oral Roberts over #158 Rice
      http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

My Oakland blog has a look-back post on the non-conference season in The Summit League with a small evaluation of each team based on the preseason poll rankings. Also some nods to surprising players.

http://grizzliesgameplan.blogspot.co...ence-wrap.html

Comment

Thanks for the post and the link, hoopsdude. Accurate comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopsdude18 View Post
            My Oakland blog has a look-back post on the non-conference season in The Summit League with a small evaluation of each team based on the preseason poll rankings. Also some nods to surprising players.

http://grizzliesgameplan.blogspot.co...ence-wrap.html
            Would like to have seen reference to Nevada win and how tough jack played then #14 Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Would like to have seen reference to Nevada win and how tough jack played then #14 Gophers.
              Nevada was a tournament team last year,but are 4-11 this year, so that win probably isn't that significant.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Nevada was a tournament team last year,but are 4-11 this year, so that win probably isn't that significant.
                That was what I felt. Generally, I think it is big because it's a win over a WAC school and one that has consistently been at the top of that conference. But there's no doubt that this year's Nevada team is struggling due to defections to the NBA. Plus it was at Frost. Not that it was an expected win, but SDSU is a good team this year so I kind of just categorized it as just another win, even though it was a beatdown. The game I can not understand is the loss to Milwaukee at home. As an Oakland fan where we're a bit closer to the Horizon League, I love every opportunity to beat a HL opponent (which OU went 0-2 against this year, sigh). Milwaukee isn't a bad team per se, just wildly inconsistent and maybe ya'll got them on a night they were looking particularly good. Still, I wish one of us Summit schools could have done some damage against the Horizon (also see NDSU's loss to Green Bay).

Comment

The game I can not understand is the loss to Milwaukee at home. As an Oakland fan where we're a bit closer to the Horizon League, I love every opportunity to beat a HL opponent (which OU went 0-2 against this year, sigh). Milwaukee isn't a bad team per se, just wildly inconsistent and maybe ya'll got them on a night they were looking particularly good. Still, I wish one of us Summit schools could have done some damage against the Horizon (also see NDSU's loss to Green Bay).
                  Milwaukee is definitely a roller coaster team this year.

Comment

That was what I felt. Generally, I think it is big because it's a win over a WAC school and one that has consistently been at the top of that conference. But there's no doubt that this year's Nevada team is struggling due to defections to the NBA. Plus it was at Frost. Not that it was an expected win, but SDSU is a good team this year so I kind of just categorized it as just another win, even though it was a beatdown. The game I can not understand is the loss to Milwaukee at home. As an Oakland fan where we're a bit closer to the Horizon League, I love every opportunity to beat a HL opponent (which OU went 0-2 against this year, sigh). Milwaukee isn't a bad team per se, just wildly inconsistent and maybe ya'll got them on a night they were looking particularly good. Still, I wish one of us Summit schools could have done some damage against the Horizon (also see NDSU's loss to Green Bay).
                    Milwaukee was 14 of 23 from 3 point land that game. It's tough to beat anyone when that happens

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Milwaukee was 14 of 23 from 3 point land that game. It's tough to beat anyone when that happens
                      A lot of it had to do with the defense SDSU ran that game. They doubled Milwaukee's post player's most of that night which led to wide open looks.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                        A lot of it had to do with the defense SDSU ran that game. They doubled Milwaukee's post player's most of that night which led to wide open looks.
                        I agree, I think the Milwaukee and NDSU games are two games that Coach Nagy would like to replay. The defense schemes were not working in either game.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                          And that wasn't a terrible strategy. Milwaukee hadn't shot that well from three until they played the Jacks. Three-point percentage was at 32% prior to the game, and SDSU was still shooting 43%. Anthony Hill, their 6'7" forward, was Milwaukee's leading scorer before that game at 13.7 ppg and for the most part SDSU defended him well.

Comment

Well Milwaukee just beat Butler last night by 24 points. That will help their RPI, which in turn will help our RPI also. Milwaukee is capable of turning in good performances and they did that against us. We still have a good team and hopefully we can win both games at home this weekend. We need to make Frost a place nobody wants to play at.

Go Jacks.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                            X